• [+] Dice rolls
Brendan
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did this come from? Did you invent it, or was it posted elsewhere?

A couple thoughts/questions:
Why does Stark have no home area?
Lannister gets to control both the Throne and the Raven? (I suppose this makes sense seeing as they have a [seems to me, anyway] weaker starting position, but still...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
i did not make this, here is the link:
http://www.whataboutcynics.com/2012/12/a-game-of-thrones-sec...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Grafström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interesting as it may be, I can't get myself to play a scenario that is said to be thematic to the show up until the end of season two with the original house cards. Not that much needs to be done to fix this of course, but you really really need to remove Eddard Stark from the Stark deck to get the feeling right. And Baratheon needs to change a lot, Renly and Brienne can't be in the Baratheon deck.

Still needs some fixing I'd say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris S.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bagisbjorn wrote:
Interesting as it may be, I can't get myself to play a scenario that is said to be thematic to the show up until the end of season two with the original house cards. Not that much needs to be done to fix this of course, but you really really need to remove Eddard Stark from the Stark deck to get the feeling right. And Baratheon needs to change a lot, Renly and Brienne can't be in the Baratheon deck.

Luckily I was just working on this today using just 2ed and DWD cards.

http://tinyurl.com/yc5R5sUMVWWOyewwUqEt

Each deck has a total CS of 12 instead of 13 since I had to take away a lot of the Baratheon higher strength cards (since as you pointed out Renly and Brienne don't belong with Stannis). The only cards that don't make sense are Qyburn and the Bastard of Nightsong (who declares for Renly first), but there aren't many options unless I make my own cards (and I am no Schminky). I am also considering new opening postions similar to this map. Now only if we can find some playtesters

Edit: And to answer the OP, no I have not tried it but it does look interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My opinion would be "No," I would not want to try this map.

Sorry, have to say...

"(-1)"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Grafström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Shadow Hound wrote:
bagisbjorn wrote:

Each deck has a total CS of 12 instead of 13 since I had to take away a lot of the Baratheon higher strength cards (since as you pointed out Renly and Brienne don't belong with Stannis). The only cards that don't make sense are Qyburn and the Bastard of Nightsong (who declares for Renly first), but there aren't many options unless I make my own cards (and I am no Schminky). I am also considering new opening postions similar to this map. Now only if we can find some playtesters

Edit: And to answer the OP, no I have not tried it but it does look interesting.

I'd play that, but I strongly encourage you to change back to the 2ed Aeron Damphair. Greyjoy do not need that kind of firepower now that Stark no longer has 2ed Roose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bagisbjorn wrote:
The Shadow Hound wrote:
bagisbjorn wrote:

I'd play that, but I strongly encourage you to change back to the 2ed Aeron Damphair. Greyjoy do not need that kind of firepower now that Stark no longer has 2ed Roose.

Agreed. And just the regular starting positions? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris S.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biarien wrote:
bagisbjorn wrote:
The Shadow Hound wrote:
bagisbjorn wrote:

Agreed. And just the regular starting positions? shake

Yeah, I am still working on opening positions (similar to the map above) and might change some cards. I should start a new thread to discuss this more and not hijack this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.