Subject: Final Pre-Kick Starter Card Preview rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Ward
United States
Newark
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game fan
Quote:
Janelle, seriously, thanks for posting that cool photo – I had to click through and read more about your story. It was both fascinating and moving to read, thanks for sharing.
I agree. Reading your story was eye opening to me. Thanks for putting it out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
badge
Microbadge: 1066, Tears to Many Mothers fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Lifeform fan
We've had a spectacular first couple of days, thanks to everyone for getting involved, and to everyone else: don't miss out.
We're offering free alternative art for those unhappy with the warrior card too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: 1066, Tears to Many Mothers fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Lifeform fan
To boob or not to boob? Well, here's an art update for you - Ania has very kindly given the warrior a chainmail vest with extra clasps to satisfy those who were concerned about the boobs:

http://ratdorg.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/fantasy-quest-new-warr...

We've also relegated her away from the hero class deck for those who didn't want to play as this character.
I hope this solution works for everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
That looks nice. Also, here's something I just an across on the Tor Books website that made me laugh given the above conversation: http://www.tor.com/2013/05/06/boob-plate-armor-would-kill-yo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
EventHorizon wrote:
That looks nice. Also, here's something I just an across on the Tor Books website that made me laugh given the above conversation: http://www.tor.com/2013/05/06/boob-plate-armor-would-kill-yo...
Hehe, great stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Microbadge: Video Game ArtistMicrobadge: Obsidian Entertainment fanMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Silence! I kill you!Microbadge: Get off my lawn!
ninjadorg wrote:
To boob or not to boob? Well, here's an art update for you - Ania has very kindly given the warrior a chainmail vest with extra clasps to satisfy those who were concerned about the boobs:

We've also relegated her away from the hero class deck for those who didn't want to play as this character.
Well, the Americans should be happy now!

I do have one comment. Noticed the new card has the illustration pushed way down so there's lots of headroom. But the previous card the card focused on more of the character. I prefer the character focused version since you can't see all the sword or outfit detail any longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
ScottE wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:

I do have one comment. Noticed the new card has the illustration pushed way down so there's lots of headroom. But the previous card the card focused on more of the character. I prefer the character focused version since you can't see all the sword or outfit detail any longer.
Great shout Scott, we can adjust that. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious Gamer
United States
Apple Valley
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: StarCraft: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: 2015 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: Level 06 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
ninjadorg wrote:

It doesn't. Some of us would kill to play as that character. Collateral damage, can't please everyone, compromised your vision and the artist's in a vain attempt at trying to do so.

ScottE wrote:
Not this American.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pandemic: Rising Tide fanMicrobadge: Magnastorm fanMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: I Love Gaming with My GirlFriend!!!Microbadge: Gaming is best with 2 players
ninjadorg wrote:

Am I the only one that dislikes the new art? It just seems wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  |