mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I am placing an order for some games tomorrow.I am getting 2 for certain
DC Deck Building

Rise Of Augustus

Now, I am getting one more have and have narrowed it down to 3

Legendary Villains

Castles Of The Mad King Ludwing

Survive! Escape From Atlantis

All very different games I know, but out of the 3 listed which one do you feel is more of a must have for my collection?

I also do not mind having similar game types, so I wouldn't mind getting 2 deck builders.

As always I appreciate the input, I really do use it when choosing what games I purchase. :-D

[Edit] Ended up Getting DC DBG, Legendary, and Survive. Decided against Augustus, and will get Castles in my next order. Thank You!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of those, I would honestly pick Survive! It is just great fun and may be one of our most played games in our family collection.

You won't really go wrong with Legendary either. I am a DC fan, but have been enjoying Legendary more lately.

I have not played Castles, but have heard good things about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Survive: Escape from Atlantis!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tygerzroze wrote:
DC Deck Building

Rise Of Augustus

Legendary Villains

All very different games I know, but out of the 3 listed which one do you feel is more of a must have for my collection?

I also do not mind having similar game types, so I wouldn't mind getting 2 deck builders.

As always I appreciate the input, I really do use it when choosing what games I purchase. :-D

From this I can't tell if you like cooperative games. If you do, I would recommend Legendary Villains (it's not completely coop but its a good start). If not, I would recommend Castles or Survive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Bird
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
tygerzroze wrote:
DC Deck Building

Rise Of Augustus

Legendary Villains

From this I can't tell if you like cooperative games. If you do, I would recommend Legendary Villains (it's not completely coop but its a good start). If not, I would recommend Castles or Survive.

Legendary Villains is the one I am looking at purchasing. We like both co-op and non co-op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
tygerzroze wrote:
veector wrote:
tygerzroze wrote:
DC Deck Building

Rise Of Augustus

Legendary Villains

Legendary Villains is the one I am looking at purchasing. We like both co-op and non co-op.

Unless you really dig super heroes, i'd get Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game over the old Legendary.
Much better game overall. It's really Legendary 2.0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Survive! is the one to get! My family loves it. I introduced it to my meet-up group last year, we played someone else's copy just this past Monday. Everyone has a great time knocking the little meeples out of the boat with a whale and then the next person comes along with a shark to eat those meeples......mwaaahaaahaa devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would reccomend swapping out the DC DBG for Legendary: Villains (they're both DBGs serving similar themes, and I feel that Legendary is the much superior game), then getting Castles of the Mad King Ludwig to round out the order, as it is rather different than the rest of what you have on your list.

If you're set on the DC DBG, I'd get Survive! or Castles over Legendary, mostly to provide more variety in your collection over the idea that they're superior games to Legendary (which I like significantly more than Castles, and I have no experience with Survive, so nothing I can say there...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Aren't you glad I'm not the pied piper?
badge
I should be able to get a good grip on my Elephant when it arrives!
mbmbmbmbmb
Survive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Bird
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
tygerzroze wrote:
veector wrote:
tygerzroze wrote:
DC Deck Building

Rise Of Augustus

Legendary Villains

Unless you really dig super heroes, i'd get Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game over the old Legendary.
Much better game overall. It's really Legendary 2.0.

I would like Encounters (even though we are huge comic fans) however I really want something a little more family friendly as I will be playing with my younger brother sometimes, and my parents really would not appreciate me playing this version with him. I will probably get it if I end up liking the Marvel one anyways, just to play with my husband, but just not at this time.

Magius wrote:
I would reccomend swapping out the DC DBG for Legendary: Villains (they're both DBGs serving similar themes, and I feel that Legendary is the much superior game), then getting Castles of the Mad King Ludwig to round out the order, as it is rather different than the rest of what you have on your list.

If you're set on the DC DBG, I'd get Survive! or Castles over Legendary, mostly to provide more variety in your collection over the idea that they're superior games to Legendary (which I like significantly more than Castles, and I have no experience with Survive, so nothing I can say there...).

I am planning on getting the DC DBG partially for theme, (huge DC Fans) partially for introducing my husband to deck-building. I will I am sure eventually have Legendary, even if I do not purchase it at this time. I don't mind having both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.