Watertown
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

BGG Link
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/123576/sheepland

Amazon w/Prime
http://www.amazon.com/Cranio-Creations-CC008-Sheepland/dp/B0...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Prime Day lives!

Honestly though, that seems very cheap. I have the iOS app, but have never tried it. Hmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to disappoint, but it's not a Prime day thing.. I bought it at that price last week.

Noblemen is at $16.99 / 76% off

Disaster Looms at $5.06 / 91% off

The Hobbit Boardgame at $11.76 / 66% off

Camelot the Build at $15.05 / 62% off

Agent Hunter $5.58 / 53% off

Can't do the links, am at work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Shearer
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
Well I'll bite, though if it is bad I'll blame ewe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
What a lamb joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
Sorry to disappoint, but it's not a Prime day thing.. I bought it at that price last week.

That was a joke

I've been enjoying all the Prime Day drama. Just my own terrible indulgence of schadenfreude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
MilesF wrote:

That was a joke

I've been enjoying all the Prime Day drama. Just my own terrible indulgence of schadenfreude.

Heh... I'm still waiting for Munchkin to show up on there and sell out in 2 minutes.. with everyone on here denying they bought it, but the buyinglust being so strong they had to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be up to $15 now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I still bought it for $15. I have wanted that as a kid game for a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vegas King wrote:
I still bought it for $15. I have wanted that as a kid game for a long time.

Me too. Looks like it is out of print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Friedly
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I just saw 11 copies of this game left on our distributor's site. It appears to have been printed in January of 2014. Things is the cost is more than what you can get it for on Amazon including shipping (if you have to pay shipping).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up! A good steal at $15 even, I ordered one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:

Noblemen is at $16.99 / 76% off

Disaster Looms at $5.06 / 91% off

The Hobbit Boardgame at $11.76 / 66% off

Camelot the Build at $15.05 / 62% off

Agent Hunter $5.58 / 53% off

Can't do the links, am at work.

Ended up getting Disaster Looms (with expansion). Should be decent enough in theory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. Being that it's still available for $14 I thought I'd follow up. Previewed this for just just a buck before purchase thanks to the very well implemented iOS app.

Don't let the art and theme fool you. This is not the family/kids game it appears to be. In fact I think it would make a pretty poor gateway game despite the simple ruleset.

It's actually an abstracted stock holding game in sheep's clothing.

The core mechanic is one that will be familiar to players of 18xx, Chicago Express, Imperial, Acquire, Airlines Europe, Union Pacific and the like and at only 30 minutes per game it's an great filler for fans of the genre.

If you've never tried this type of game it may take a play or two to wrap your head around but it's a great introduction to the niche. With a box 1/4 of the size of Paris Connection it may even be the best quick example of this mechanic which is usually found in significantly longer games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Don't let the art and theme fool you. This is not the family/kids game it appears to be. In fact I think it would make a pretty poor gateway game despite the simple ruleset.

Wouldn't that make it a great gateway into the stock holding game genre?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
NuMystic wrote:

Wouldn't that make it a great gateway into the stock holding game genre?

Sure, but for existing gamers into that specific genre.

The broadly understood definition of a "gateway game" is a title that is very well suited to hooking non-gamers into the hobby. I don't think this title would be a particularly good choice for that at all.

Just because 1830 was the gateway for many gamers into the 18xx genre doesn't make it a good "Gateway Game" full stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dante you're piqued my interest, darn you!

I like the theme and design of this game. However, I picked up Airlines Europe recently (though I haven't played it). I also own Chicago Express which I've played but is HARD to get to the table.

Please talk me down from buying this! laugh I'm hoping that there's absolutely no reason for me to own this if I have Airlines Europe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:

I like the theme and design of this game. However, I picked up Airlines Europe recently (though I haven't played it). I also own Chicago Express which I've played but is HARD to get to the table.

Please talk me down from buying this! laugh I'm hoping that there's absolutely no reason for me to own this if I have Airlines Europe!

laugh

Well to be fair, the game is a filler and not one many would choose over Airlines Europe given a bit more time and space.

That said since I'm often at game nights where we've got 30-40 minutes at the beginning, end, or while waiting for another table to wrap up so I know it will be a useful addition to the game bag.

You don't need me to talk you off the ledge though Dan. You've already got the iOS app! Just spend 15 minutes going through the tutorial and playing a couple of games against the AI to find all the reasons why you don't need it... or maybe you do. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Misterboy wrote:

laugh

Well to be fair, the game is a filler and not one many would choose over Airlines Europe given a bit more time and space.

That said since I'm often at game nights where we've got 30-40 minutes at the beginning, end, or while waiting for another table to wrap up so I know it will be a useful addition to the game bag.

You don't need me to talk you off the ledge though Dan. You've already got the iOS app! Just spend 15 minutes going through the tutorial and playing a couple of games against the AI to find all the reasons why you don't need it... or maybe you do. devil

That's the fear! If I play the iOS app and really enjoy it I'll have talked myself INTO it!

Arg! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
That's the fear! If I play the iOS app and really enjoy it I'll have talked myself INTO it!

Arg! laugh

Ha!

Okay, look at it this way. Playing the app is most likely saving pain either way.

A) You're either not impressed or realize it's something you don't need to own the physical edition of.

B) You enjoy it, grab it now, and spare yourself the gnashing of teeth that will happen if you'd find this out long after the deal is gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.