United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
There is a war on for your mind...
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Would someone mind commenting on the most sought after cards in this set? Perhaps the top 8-10 desirable/powerful cards? I grabbed some boosters and was surprised to see die with 3 double energy sides, serial numbers, and even a cost of 1. It seems there are more blank cards without unique abilities...it's a little nuts.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best card in the set: Rare Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Also Rare Jinzo is a very good card, and the Uncommon Lord of D with the Uncommom Ring of Attraction make a powerful combo. Uncommon Millenium Puzzle is also good.

YuGiOh was developed first, which is why there are a lot of blank cards and different wording on some. The serial numbers is due to a request from the IP holder, to prevent fraud. It will not be repeated on any other sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely the big sellers are:

Blue-Eyes White Dragon Rare
Jinzo Rare
Slifer Sky Dragon Rare

Those are the three hard to come by cards that I see get the most play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I play the Mystical Elf more than any other card from this set. I like her give back of life. That can be helpful to change the rhythm of a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gladiator Posse
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
There is a war on for your mind...
badge
www.DrudgeReport.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be sure, "Curse of Dragon" is a character correct? My buddy tried to convince me it was an action even though the text says Monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gladiator_posse wrote:
Just to be sure, "Curse of Dragon" is a character correct? My buddy tried to convince me it was an action even though the text says Monster.

If it has stats (fielding cost, attack, and defense) it's a character (or Monster in YGO terms). If it does not have stats, it's an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gladiator_posse wrote:

Also, from the source material, the monster is, as strange as it might be, actually named "Curse of Dragon". Its not a common theme for naming monsters, just this particular one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.