Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I was skimming through the FAQ looking for an answer but didn't see one for this particular question(if I missed it I am sorry). When a player plays a spell card and saves a die result on it, but loses the next roll/task anyway, the book says the die stays on the card and other players can use the result. My question is, what if the other player doesn't want the result, can he just roll the dice as normal? Or does using a spell "lock" the dice where other players have to roll 5 dice instead of 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathosis wrote:
Hey guys, I was skimming through the FAQ looking for an answer but didn't see one for this particular question(if I missed it I am sorry). When a player plays a spell card and saves a die result on it, but loses the next roll/task anyway, the book says the die stays on the card and other players can use the result. My question is, what if the other player doesn't want the result, can he just roll the dice as normal? Or does using a spell "lock" the dice where other players have to roll 5 dice instead of 6?

You can decide to take them and roll them. This is mentioned in the FAQ

Quote:
Before any roll, a player may remove some or all of the
dice held on spells in order to roll them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Player A assigns a die to a Spell and doesn't use it, when it is Player B's turn Player B may take the die from the Spell and use it as part of the Dice Pool. (Or... no, it isn't "locked" in any way)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. That is how we played it. I assume the spell gets discarded if a player decides to roll it, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathosis wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. That is how we played it. I assume the spell gets discarded if a player decides to roll it, correct?
As soon as no Dice are on the Spell the Spell is discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.