• [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing from the FAQ: differences between the Collector's Edition and the Anniversary Edition. I'm assuming:

2nd edition rulebook
2nd edition cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
The thread title could be a little more specific... that's an FAQ on the Ares release of the Anniversary Edition, not on 2E in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
Missing from the FAQ: differences between the Collector's Edition and the Anniversary Edition. I'm assuming:

2nd edition rulebook
2nd edition cards

Working from the description on the BGG page, CE has:

Quote:
- Gorgeously painted wooden and resin box expertly crafted to resemble an ancient elven tome. Its cover adorned with elvish calligraphy.

"A cardboard box, manufactured to a similar standard - in terms of production quality and artistic design - as the Limited Edition of Lords of Middle-earth. The box size will be about twice that of War of the Ring Second Edition (40 x 54 x 12 cm)."

Quote:
- Individual velvet-lined compartments, which accommodate the game’s many components.

Velvet-lined is doubtful.

Update from Roberto: "The miniatures will be packed in a suitable tray. Tray design is finalized, we are trying to save some space to make the box a little smaller than the CE box was!"

Quote:
- 246 exquisitely hand-painted miniatures (including a special Gollum figure previously only available through promotions, and a never-before-seen Nazgûl figure).

205 hand-painted minis in AR. No exclusive or new figures.

Quote:
- An updated game board, 25% larger than that of the standard edition.

The figure "20% larger" was mentioned earlier. "We will provide larger game boards (for a total playing area about 3' x 4') and improved reference sheets on special cardstock."

Quote:
- Revised, larger, and easier to read game cards.

"Counters and cards will be the same as those included in War of the Ring 2nd Edition, to ensure full compatibility with the regular version of War of the Ring 2nd Edition and its expansion."

Quote:
- All-new art by John Howe as well as elvish calligraphy by Daniel Reeve and David Salo.

No mention of new art for the AR.

Quote:
- An embroidered velvet bag to use for drawing Hunt tiles.

No mention.

Quote:
- Specially-molded marbled dice and updated tokens.

"Action Dice (16 dice) and Combat Dice (two sets with 5 dice each) will be produced in new colors, unique to this version."

Quote:
- An updated 80-page rulebook, faux leather-bound, featuring a gold-embossed title, and several full page, full color illustrations by John Howe.

"Two beautiful hardcover volumes, in a slipcase, graced by full-color art by John Howe: the 2nd Edition Rulebook and the War of the Ring Companion, written by Kristofer Bengtsson."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter K. Hubig
Germany
bei Aschaffenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another (maybe silly) question the FAQ didn't adress:

when is the price charged to my bank account/credit card or whatever payment method is chosen?

Will it be directly when ordering or when the product ships?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 When will the Credit cards be billed when it ships or when you place the order??
Like · Reply · 31 mins

Ares Games When orders are placed.
Like · Reply · 3 mins
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
dstair2002 When will the Credit cards be billed when it ships or when you place the order??
Like · Reply · 31 mins

Ares Games When orders are placed.
Like · Reply · 3 mins

And added to the FAQ, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kitcat
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 19% VAT - is that on European postage only or on both the $369 AND postage for us Euros?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the part about '3rd expansion'!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hall
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions I still have,

1) How will the minis be stored?

2) Any room in the box for expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared M
msg tools
mbmbmb
Unfortunately, no expansions means no buy for me. The perfectionist in me would be bothered that one set was painted and other wasn't....

Cool it's being offered though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't the board supposed to have some kind of foil stamping (besides being bigger)?

Edit: Found the answer to my own question in another thread. Yes, some hotfoil stamping on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jedisilentbob wrote:
1) How will the minis be stored?

Update from Roberto: "The miniatures will be packed in a suitable tray. Tray design is finalized, we are trying to save some space to make the box a little smaller than the CE box was!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Piepho
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The perfectionist in me would be bothered that one set was painted and other wasn't....

With only 8 figures in LoME, painting shouldn't be too bad, and after shading, one should be able to match the prepainted figs pretty well. It was painting those 205 from the original game that stilled my ardor. However, I haven't seen a number for the figs in WoME, but it sounds like quite a few more based on the factions listed. Probably will have to wait to see the ents from that one to paint up Treebeard. Agree on how good it is that they are doing this, and am very pleased that they are making it possible for anyone wanting one to purchase it instead of having the "gold rush" phenomenon followed by the eBay vultures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hargraves
United States
Danbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an owner of the CE, I'd like to know the comparison in painting quality of the miniatures. I have no gripes with the quality of the CE, but are these going to be painted at a similar (same basic quality and colors), lesser, or better (studio/exhibition/showcase) quality as far as painting goes. If they are being planned at a much better/detailed level, I would like to know for possible consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMillan
Scotland
Cupar
Fife
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveKitcat wrote:
The 19% VAT - is that on European postage only or on both the $369 AND postage for us Euros?

Thanks

This one had me scratching my head as well. Can anyone help? Are we going to have to pay 19% extra for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
More Wine
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:

Quote:
Shipments will be sent out from one of two warehouses, in the USA and Germany. For this reason, residents in the USA or in the European Union will not incur in any custom charges on their purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMillan
Scotland
Cupar
Fife
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaveNilVino wrote:
From the FAQ:

Quote:
Shipments will be sent out from one of two warehouses, in the USA and Germany. For this reason, residents in the USA or in the European Union will not incur in any custom charges on their purchase.

Now I'm even more confused as it also says:

Quote:
Shipments to destinations in the European Union are subject to a 19% VAT charge (German VAT rate), according to European law.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I buy just the two "hard cover volumes", and nothing else?
Or can I get just the painted figures, and nothing else?

Or is it the case we have to buy the whole package including all items?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
zombiewarrior07 wrote:
Can I buy just the two "hard cover volumes", and nothing else?
Or can I get just the painted figures, and nothing else?

Or is it the case we have to buy the whole package including all items?

From the link at the top:

The FAQ wrote:
We are currently asking permission to the licensor, Middle-earth Enterprises, to offer some of the contents as individual items. Our license is limited to board games, and does not include other items.
Pending approval, we hope that we'll be able to offer the slipcase with the two volumes, and possibly the game boards, for separate purchase. We will definitely not sell the painted miniatures separately from the rest.
We don't expect a final answer on this topic for a few days, so please don't make your purchasing decision based on these considerations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Barrera
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
drjmcmillan wrote:
DaveKitcat wrote:

Thanks

This one had me scratching my head as well. Can anyone help? Are we going to have to pay 19% extra for the game?

I want to know this as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
5th May 2018
badge
Guh?
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzo wrote:
drjmcmillan wrote:
DaveKitcat wrote:

Thanks

I want to know this as well.

From experience as this is VAT it will be an additional 19% of the $369 (shouldn't be required on the postage). Would be good to get official clarification though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, unfortunately VAT must be added to the price of the game itself.

We will clarify it better in the article, the point is:

When we ship a $ 369 product from the USA, you will pay when it goes through customs: 19%+ VAT (depending where you live in the EU, can be up to 25%); on top of that, you will have to pay custom charges and fees. To compound the problem, the custom officer can assign a value to the item different (and normally higher) than the amount in the invoice, and VAT can be even higher.

By shipping from Germany, we avoid the trouble with customs and custom officer, but VAT on the sales must still be paid to the German government. and that VAT is 19%.

I know that many US companies just forget that there's a thing called VAT when they deal with European customers. We live in the EU, and we are not allowed to forget ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMillan
Scotland
Cupar
Fife
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roberto. Thanks for listening and responding throughout this thread. It is really helpful. I have gone from nervous to excited about purchasing this edition. I am also now optimistic of actually getting a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.