Subject: A Stale game for some rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaru Rainn
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I've posted about this topic before but I wanted to repost the topic since I believe there are more people with more experience with this game. Unfortunately, I have no new experience with this game since my copy won't be coming till August or so.

When I've played this game, we have played with 12-16 players with either red or blue roles (no neutral roles). Every game, there is always a subset of people in each room that is not part of the dominant color in that room. They get to make no decisions for the whole game, mostly because they get "quarantined" by the dominating color group in that room. It makes for a lousy game for those players.

In the past post about this issue, people have suggested throwing in neutral roles.

Is this still a valid solution? Do others feel there are other solutions. If not, what neutral roles are good to add? How many should I add? I know this might have to be a group specific answer, but I'm curious what the now well-informed gamer base thinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly certain it is still the same answer. Can you link to the other thread so we don't have the same discussion over again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaru Rainn
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/18157779#18157779

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is most of the same answers. One that I will had due to my personal preference.

Only allow 2 way revealing. Meaning don't allow a person to publicly reveal their role and disallow color reveals.

This way ever time somebody reveals you are risking being tricked by the other team.

This makes it considerably harder for each team to find each other. As it eliminates the point person.

What I mean by point person, if I start the game as a play blue or red team. I will publicly reveal to the room and tell all revealing to go through me. It makes it very easy for a team to find each other risk free.

on the flip side, you are less likely to trick the other team with a point person, but it operates on the assumption that the other team isn't going to allow themselves to be tricked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you have any roles with powers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaru Rainn
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only ones are the doctor and engineer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pomander wrote:
The only ones are the doctor and engineer.

You should throw in a few new powers - ones that enable role swaps, zombie outbreak perhaps, the lovers etc. Basically you need to build in a series of games within the game I think. I've not played it much at all, but it seems there's a lot to be said for having a number of people needing totally different outcomes in order to "win". Sometimes to the detriment of the "main" game and sometimes just with an aim totally different to the main game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.