Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Trap Heroes in the Distant Past

Figure we were missing some time travel based schemes. This one is one for my West Coast Avengers expansion I'm working on. While doing research I remember the Wackos had a 6 issue long stint where they had been thrown back in time to Ancient Egypt then to the Old West. Scheme should work thematically with many Masterminds that messed with time travel..Doom, Mephisto, etc...

Idea is each Twist represents a Hero getting trapped in the past. That turn everyone loses that heroes cards from their hands (if they have any). After that turn you can still use them...figure they are working to free themselves.

Scheme is very random and could end with the fifth player turn of the game (just like Galactus). Also it gives you another thematic reason to use my Dinosaur Villain/Henchmen groups.

I had messed with the wording quite a bit, but still think it can be improved. Suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very similar to some of my schemes. A word of advice though - typically schemes will have one more twist than necessary. So maybe twists = # of heroes +1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dan,

With all the schemes out there, it is hard to keep them straight. I'm sure eventually I'll inadvertently replicate someones already created scheme.

I almost put it at the +1 to the # of heroes. Thought that may have been too brutal. With the 1 to 1 gives the players more of a chance for one of the twists to be near the end of the deck. Figure with the re-shuffling of the Twist would in a way cover their only being 5

More playtesting will tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayhaps a two line title?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: RangerRob's Customs - Trap Heroes in the Distant Past (Scheme) - Complete
Done...did the two line scheme name and tweeked the wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehehe...

Looks like something got tweaked a little bit and put into the new Captain America Expansion.

Go Back in Time to Slay Heroes' Ancestors
Setup: 9 Twists. 8 Heroes in Hero deck.
Twist: Put a Hero form the HQ next to the Scheme, "Purged from the Timestream."
Special Rules: Whenever a Hero is in the HQ whose Hero Name has been Purged from the Timestream, KO that Hero.
Evil Wins: When the Hero Deck runs out.

Well done Upperdeck!...I like your version better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D C
Canada
flag msg tools
Noob question, where did you get that info? (Or where can I get more info on the next expansions from Upperdeck? the main website doesn`t say much)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right here in these forums...enjoy!

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/22183770#22183770

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D C
Canada
flag msg tools
Nice! Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.