Subject: Cards similar to "Peoples Quorum" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I think I understand what this Law Card is conveying, but I want to make sure that if a player looks at it differently that we'll be playing it right.

The card states, "At the end of the game, gain 2VP for each adjacent character card. Up to 6 cards can be adjacent to a single card."

I'm pretty sure that the "spirit" of the card is that you get the VPs for each character card adjacent TO THIS CARD. But seeing as the card doesn't specifically state this, I want to make sure I'm right before the MTG players in my group try to exploit the wording on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards must be adjacent to the law card itself, only 6 cards can be adjacent to any given card, so this maxes at 12 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks. That's how I understood it, but I have some people who believe that "words mean things" and would try to grammar that up. Now I have some back up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mojobacca wrote:
Thanks. That's how I understood it, but I have some people who believe that "words mean things" and would try to grammar that up. Now I have some back up.

BTW - This phrase is found on at least one or two different law cards that I've observed (haven't read all of them yet, so it may be more than that). I finally figured that it could only mean THAT card. But, like you, it did make me wonder at first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'll just stay home and play KDM.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally thought the meaning was very clear, but one player in my group completely disagreed and the third was neutral.

It's odd that it doesn't say, "Adjacent to THIS card" or something to that effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
I personally thought the meaning was very clear, but one player in my group completely disagreed and the third was neutral.

It's odd that it doesn't say, "Adjacent to THIS card" or something to that effect.

Seeing as how cards MUST be placed next to one another every card played would be adjacent to another card. It would be ridiculous to think you would score points for every single card you play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'll just stay home and play KDM.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:

Seeing as how cards MUST be placed next to one another every card played would be adjacent to another card. It would be ridiculous to think you would score points for every single card you play.

Well, sure, but you don't score points for every card. You score points based on the number of adjacent character cards, so the other player argued that he could choose whichever card had the most adjacent ones and score that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this was quite clear too, as did everyone in our group. We didn't think for a second it could mean anything other than the cards adjacent to this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.