Subject: Notecards that aren't semi-transparent? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
I just sent out a hand-written deck of cards to a playtesting group, and later on in writing out another one, realized that you can actually see through the cards somewhat, such that players might be able to read off other players' cards through their backs.

Have you run into this? I was just using standard index cards. Are there better kinds of cards to use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Speusippus wrote:
I just sent out a hand-written deck of cards to a playtesting group, and later on in writing out another one, realized that you can actually see through the cards somewhat, such that players might be able to read off other players' cards through their backs.

Have you run into this? I was just using standard index cards. Are there better kinds of cards to use?

Buy a cheap REAL deck of cards or two. Print your text on paper/labels and adhere to the face of the card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy better brands of index cards. The ones I get from dollar store are thin. But at least do not show through with pencil. Better brands use thicker stock and even marker should not show through.

you can also use card sleeves and back the cards with a playing card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Cohn
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Put them in card sleeves. Much simpler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.