Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The quest tules for quest I ask you to only use the green deck. Within this deck you are supposed to only use the cards with the "WILDLANDS" keyword:

"Also, the only encounters used are those with the Wildands keyword: remove all others (including the ones where the Wildlands keyword is accompanied by another keyword)"

No my problem her is that there is not a single card that contains the "Wildlands" keyword only, all the cards have either no wild lands OR a wildlandER and another keyword. So what cards am I to Use???

a) Use ALL Wildlander cards? (as all of them have more than one keyword
b) Use NO wildlander, as it is a typo in the rules???

I recall Rahdo's video including lots of wolves and hounds, so I guess it is a typo and you are NOT to use any wildlanders (because none of them are wildlanders)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me quickly quote the relevant passage fromm the Quest Guide:

Quote:
While following the normal setup found in the rulebook, remove the Blue and Red Enemy decks from the game. Also, the only Encounters used are those with the Wildlands keyword: remove all others (including the ones where the Wildlands keyword is accompanied by another keyword) from the game.

In other words, this is what you should do:

1. Take the Green Enemy deck.
2. Take just the Encounters with the Wildlands keyword.

The rules do not tell you to modify the Enemy deck in any way. And honestly, you could use the whole deck of Encounters as well, you'd simply sift through Encounters without the Wildlands keyword during game, instead of before it actually starts.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
irondeav wrote:
Let me quickly quote the relevant passage fromm the Quest Guide:

Quote:
While following the normal setup found in the rulebook, remove the Blue and Red Enemy decks from the game. Also, the only Encounters used are those with the Wildlands keyword: remove all others (including the ones where the Wildlands keyword is accompanied by another keyword) from the game.

In other words, this is what you should do:

1. Take the Green Enemy deck.
2. Take just the Encounters with the Wildlands keyword.

The rules do not tell you to modify the Enemy deck in any way. And honestly, you could use the whole deck of Encounters as well, you'd simply sift through Encounters without the Wildlands keyword during game, instead of before it actually starts.

Hope this helps

Thanks for being so fast with your answer :-) Your quote is exactly the same as mine. The problem here is that there are _NO_ cards that have the "wildlands" keyword only - they all have multiple keywords:

It is this sentence:

"remove all others (including the ones where the Wildlands keyword is accompanied by another keyword) from the game."

that made me stumble as all cards with a wildlandER keyword also have an accompaning keyword and should be removed as per the quote from the quest guide (Example: Ghoren Smallhorn - keywords: Eastman. Blunt. WildlandER).

Anyways, looks like I am supposed to use all the green cards with a wildlandER keyword on them - so thanks :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enemies and Encounters are two different types of cards. There are no Enemies with the Wildlands keyword, and you do not build the Enemy deck in any way. The only deck you do tamper with a bit is the Encounter deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The green enemy deck is different from the encounters; only the encounters have cards removed. The green enemies deck is used in its entirety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.