Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D O'Brien
United States
Western New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anyone else doing the staycation experience for Gen Con this year? meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As we did last year, we will be taking part in GenCant. Last year, the inaugural year, was a lot of fun to see people posting photos of themselves enjoying gaming despite not being able to be at GenCon. SirGeek even won one of the impromptu prizes.

This year, Suzanne (of Dice Tower's "Board Game Breakfast" and "Board Game Blender") has done an amazing job really organizing things and the list of nifty prizes is HUGE. She's gotten a lot of publishers/designers to donate stuff as well as some regular folks too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D O'Brien
United States
Western New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CallieMo wrote:
As we did last year, we will be taking part in GenCant. Last year, the inaugural year, was a lot of fun to see people posting photos of themselves enjoying gaming despite not being able to be at GenCon. SirGeek even won one of the impromptu prizes.

This year, Suzanne (of Dice Tower's "Board Game Breakfast" and "Board Game Blender") has done an amazing job really organizing things and the list of nifty prizes is HUGE. She's gotten a lot of publishers/designers to donate stuff as well as some regular folks too.

I GenCanted last year too. I've been watching the progress of prizes and planing that's been going on on twitter. nifty prizes are piling up indeed. Suzanne inadverently started a new tradition. It's the one time I look forward to not going any where during the summer.meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
How does one actually take part? Do you have to be on Twitter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janelle Cooper
United States
Mound Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extaordinary destiny." C.S. Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not on Twit-Iam, but I have games that I can contribute as prizes... what do I need to do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Hoye
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I love playing pretty much anything except war games! I'll try 'em all.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can email Suzanne - suzanne@gencant.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Hoye
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think she's trying to include BGG more this year, and there is a forum.. GenCant

I'm sad I'll miss out, as I'll be camping that weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm organizing a game designer meeting in my area for that Saturday. I'm hoping to get the details posted so Suzanne can list my event on the site.

I think it's fun to organize people who can't go to cons to do something local and celebrate it online by sharing pics and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anjulka wrote:
How does one actually take part? Do you have to be on Twitter?

"How to participate" instructions have been posted. Looks like there's a raffle AND a photo contest and there are multiple ways to enter the photo contest.

And the donated prize list keeps on growing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat
United Kingdom
Middlesbrough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have to join twitter just for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Hoye
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GnatOfPower wrote:

JOIN USSSSS.

Honestly, I do love board game Twitter. I've met a fantastic bunch of folks through that - including Suz, who is one of the best folks I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
iheartmuseums wrote:
GnatOfPower wrote:

JOIN USSSSS.

Honestly, I do love board game Twitter. I've met a fantastic bunch of folks through that - including Suz, who is one of the best folks I know.

I'm also trying to hold out against the little blue bird, but this might push me over into it. Though it looks like you can join GenCant by posting on FB or BGG as well. I'm also trying to tell myself that just because I join twitter doesn't mean I will fall down the rabbit hole. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat
United Kingdom
Middlesbrough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iheartmuseums wrote:
GnatOfPower wrote:

JOIN USSSSS.

whistle

@gnatofpower
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iheartmuseums wrote:
GnatOfPower wrote:

JOIN USSSSS.

Suzanne is hilarious. My hubby chats with her on Twitter with our public Twitter nick (@theweatherkat) Suzanne is such a good sport about all the ribbing people give her about that fishing vest she once had to wear as a volunteer at a convention. The joke has been running for probably six months now and her reactions to "the vest" are priceless.

It's true that Twitter can be a lot of noise to signal, but there are some really fun people on there to follow and interact with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I really enjoy twitter, but I'm not on that much due to only having access when I'm on the computer. But I always enjoy the conversations I'm in.

Nat - I followed you. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D O'Brien
United States
Western New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GnatOfPower wrote:
iheartmuseums wrote:
GnatOfPower wrote:

JOIN USSSSS.

whistle

@gnatofpower

I'm following you too! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Andrea
United States
Hollister
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meeps n peeps wrote:
GnatOfPower wrote:
iheartmuseums wrote:
GnatOfPower wrote:

JOIN USSSSS.

whistle

@gnatofpower

I'm following you too! meeple

Me 3! I just joined Twitter for GenCant! Which I didn't even realize was a thing! Thank you guys for sharing the info!

Going to GenCon would be amaze! However, this is my first year at my new job and my vacation time is extremely limited right now. Hopeful for next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.