Heather Stanley
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
New to PACG and just played my first game last night with Andowyn and Balazar. Andowyn seems very straightforward but I'm having difficulty understanding the conditions for Balazar and how to use him. I'm considering switching him out with another character to complement Andowyn before going to Elven Entanglement. Suggestions on complementary character options?

And I feel dumb asking this, but how does the whole bringing a monster card into the hand work? I just can't make sense of it. Which is why I decided to switch out because when I read the (5 page!) thread on how to use Balazar on Paizo I was more confused then ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Balazar's monster usage, you just put the card in your hand and then treat it like any other card. It counts towards your hand size just like any other card and can be discarded for damage just like other cards. Once it is in your hand you can do anything with it that you can do with any other card. Odds are the powers in the monster card won't have anything fit you to use (though a few do). But both Balazar and his cohort Padrig have powers that require you to use those monster cards.

And also, don't feel dumb. Anyone that tells you they never misunderstood something or got something wrong is probably really playing wrong and just doesn't know it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather Stanley
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks so much to both of you. I tried Balazar again last night and did better. Made it through the 3rd scenario in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gesine Stanienda
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the question. Since you asked it, I now know how to play this character!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.