4 Posts

Pandemic: On the Brink» Forums » Rules

Subject: Field Operative + Bioterrorist end-game question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Patel
msg tools
Hello,

In normal iteration of OTB when playing with Bioterrorist, all purple cubes are on the board the game ends and Bioterrorist wins. However, when Field Operative happens to have a purple cube on his card, does that mean all purple cubes are not on board and Bioterrorist cannot win this way?

Thanks in advance.
-Kris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bioterrorist just needs at least one purple cube on the board (and for the other players to lose) to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
sictransit wrote:
In normal iteration of OTB when playing with Bioterrorist, all purple cubes are on the board the game ends and Bioterrorist wins.

Huh??? This is not how the BT game works. Please reread the victory conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Patel
msg tools
Thank you all. I think I figured out the clarification I needed:

From page 7 of the OTB rules booklet...
Under Winning and Losing in the Bioterrorist Actions section...

Like any other disease, if you cannot place the number of purple cubes actually needed on the board, the players lose (and the Bio-Terrorist wins). There are only 12 (not 24) purple cubes in the supply!

So even though my Field Operative had a purple cube on his card, the BioTerrorist was not able to PLACE anymore cubes and therefore players lose and BioTerrorist wins.

Thanks again all,
Kris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.