Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Derezzing Adonis Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henri Hein
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Adonis Campaign
Asset: Advertisement
Put 12 [Credits] from the bank on Adonis Campaign when rezzed. When there are no credits left on this card, trash it.
Take 3 [Credits] from Adonis Campaign when your turn begins.


If an Adonis campaign is derezzed, what happens to the credits left on it? Are they discarded, or do they stay on the card?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No part of derezing a card causes any credits, tokens, etc to be removed. The credits will remain, and 12 additional credits will be added to it when it is rezzed again.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
No part of derezing a card causes any credits, tokens, etc to be removed. The credits will remain, and 12 additional credits will be added to it when it is rezzed again.


This is currently about the only reason anyone can think of to play Test Ground
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:

This is currently about the only reason anyone can think of to play Test Ground


My friend has suggested a build with Howler and Test Ground. So you rez some big Ice with Howler and you derez Howler so it doesn't get trashed....

...not that the idea is better than adonis trick, but... um... at least you have two targets for Test Ground.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ikex wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

This is currently about the only reason anyone can think of to play Test Ground


My friend has suggested a build with Howler and Test Ground. So you rez some big Ice with Howler and you derez Howler so it doesn't get trashed....

...not that the idea is better than adonis trick, but... um... at least you have two targets for Test Ground.


Doesn't work, just because Howler becomes derezzed doesn't mean the effect doesn't happen. Just as a Sneakdoor Beta run through an Archive Grim killing Sneakdoor doesn't prevent the successful run from ending in HQ.

Unless some rules changed :/

Test Ground works for anything helps on rez, so Lizzie Bad Pub Killer for example, too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
ikex wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

This is currently about the only reason anyone can think of to play Test Ground


My friend has suggested a build with Howler and Test Ground. So you rez some big Ice with Howler and you derez Howler so it doesn't get trashed....

...not that the idea is better than adonis trick, but... um... at least you have two targets for Test Ground.


Doesn't work, just because Howler becomes derezzed doesn't mean the effect doesn't happen. Just as a Sneakdoor Beta run through an Archive Grim killing Sneakdoor doesn't prevent the successful run from ending in HQ.

Unless some rules changed :/

Test Ground works for anything helps on rez, so Lizzie Bad Pub Killer for example, too.


You're right. I thought that this is written in two paragraphs (like Breaking News). So it will be trashed no matter what. I think.

Test Ground is weird no matter what. Like it should be a runner card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I guess it also lets you turn off Server Diagnostics without trading it... Or you could just not play Server Diagnostics or Test Ground..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect Test Ground is waiting for other cards that will make its deck inclusion more attractive. Possibilities for future cards include:

An economy card that grants X credits for each derezzed card in/protecting a server;

A card that provides a trace effect or lands a tag when derezzed;

A card that scraps the top card of the Runner's deck when derived, etc.

However, even if future cards did provide these effects, you still have to advance Test Ground. And although its has zero-rez-cost, I wish its trash value was higher (like 3 or 4).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
I suspect Test Ground is waiting for other cards that will make its deck inclusion more attractive. Possibilities for future cards include:

An economy card that grants X credits for each derezzed card in/protecting a server;

A card that provides a trace effect or lands a tag when derezzed;

A card that scraps the top card of the Runner's deck when derived, etc.

However, even if future cards did provide these effects, you still have to advance Test Ground. And although its has zero-rez-cost, I wish its trash value was higher (like 3 or 4).


I expected it to be more effects when rezzed than derezzed. Test Ground would allow such cards to fire a second time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
I suspect Test Ground is waiting for other cards that will make its deck inclusion more attractive. Possibilities for future cards include:

(...)


Yes, yes! Leviathan is waiting for more 3-subroutines, big strength code gates as well!

I don't believe in "other cards". Maybe there will be some nice rez effects worth using Test Ground. But I doubt it now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Cards like Elizabeth Mills or the upcoming Lily Lockwell have effects that fire when rezzed. Granted, it'll be a long time before we have enough that are good enough to make Test Ground worthwhile...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Avers
United States
Elmore
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's also some expensive shenanigans with Off the Grid there too.

Like, say, pop Test Ground when they've worked their way through the expensive HQ server and turn OTG off so it doesn't trash itself. Turn it back on afterwards so they have to run it again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Hein
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nova Cat: thanks for the reply. That's what I thought, but it's nice with the verification.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Hein
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also thinking of Test Ground as a Parasite counter. It wouldn't remove the Parasite, but the ice would be safe for the nonce and could be rezzed again after a purge. In the meantime, the Parasite would take up a useless MU for the runner, and also prevent them from Clone Chip'ing it.

Granted, it's a corner case, but both the corp decks I'm playing around with these days could benefit from it if I could set it up reliably. (One uses Next, the other is a bit ice-light).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan T
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A purge does not remove parasite
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
stefant wrote:
A purge does not remove parasite


No, but it resets the counters back to a safe level.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Test Ground is certainly a solution waiting for the problem right now. There are some real edge cases (aside from the ones mentioned, it lets you safely rez a second unique asset/upgrade by derezzing the first), but I *strongly* suspect there are some other cards coming which will increase the potency of this effect.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
unitled wrote:
Test Ground is certainly a solution waiting for the problem right now. There are some real edge cases (aside from the ones mentioned, it lets you safely rez a second unique asset/upgrade by derezzing the first), but I *strongly* suspect there are some other cards coming which will increase the potency of this effect.


perhaps it can yet be salvaged
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Tuism wrote:
ikex wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

This is currently about the only reason anyone can think of to play Test Ground


My friend has suggested a build with Howler and Test Ground. So you rez some big Ice with Howler and you derez Howler so it doesn't get trashed....

...not that the idea is better than adonis trick, but... um... at least you have two targets for Test Ground.


Doesn't work, just because Howler becomes derezzed doesn't mean the effect doesn't happen. Just as a Sneakdoor Beta run through an Archive Grim killing Sneakdoor doesn't prevent the successful run from ending in HQ.

Unless some rules changed :/

Test Ground works for anything helps on rez, so Lizzie Bad Pub Killer for example, too.

Sneakdoor doesn't refer to itself in the text. I can argue that since there's no Howler to trash because it's face down, that it can't trash itself. What precedent is there where the game remembers what a card is even if derezzed? If that exists, then I can agree with a derezzed Howler trashing itself.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wakkowolf wrote:
Sneakdoor doesn't refer to itself in the text. I can argue that since there's no Howler to trash because it's face down, that it can't trash itself. What precedent is there where the game remembers what a card is even if derezzed? If that exists, then I can agree with a derezzed Howler trashing itself.

When a card refers to itself by name, it means "this card," even if that card changes states, or gains other properties. Even if, theoretically, a card's name changed altogether, such an effect would still only refer to that card. So de-rezing a Howler after its subroutine has resolved will not change the fact that *that card*, whatever it may look like at the time, will be trashed. In other words, derezing a card does not make it a different card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules in the FAQ, a card is not considered a new instance of itself until uninstalled. A derezzed card still refers to itself.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
jakodrako wrote:
A defezzed card


I'm gonna start putting hats on all my cards
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
jakodrako wrote:
A defezzed card


I'm gonna start putting hats on all my cards


I sense a new series of card alters.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
jakodrako wrote:
A defezzed card


I'm gonna start putting hats on all my cards
just don't forget the googly eyes
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.