9 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Elemental redistributor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flash Man
msg tools
Hopefully simple question(s).

If you attack Baron Blade's Elemental Redistributor (10 HP, Whenever Baron Blade would be dealt fire, cold, or lightning damage, redirect that damage to the hero target with the lowest HP) with fire, cold, or lightning, does that trigger it to damage the hero target with the lowest HP? Or does it only activate if you try to damage the Baron Blade target? Also what would happen if he has a Mobile Defense Platform in play as well? Can the heroes attack that without triggering the Elemental Redistributor?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
Sentinels is a wonderful, literal game. You can damage any target EXCEPT Baron Blade and the damage does not get redistributed by the Elemental Redistributor. If the text you stated is exactly what the card says, that would be how you play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak's answer is completely correct but just to point out that
tavical wrote:
If you attack Baron Blade's Elemental Redistributor (10 HP, Whenever Baron Blade would be dealt fire, cold, or lightning damage, redirect that damage to the hero target with the lowest HP) with fire, cold, or lightning, does that trigger it to damage the hero target with the lowest HP?

that the Elemental Redistributor is not the one generating the damage, it is the hero that made the original attack. So things which increase and/or stop hero damage would still apply but things that increase villain damage would not (e.g. Villainous Weaponry from the Wagner Mars Base environment would not apply).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizerak wrote:
Sentinels is a wonderful, literal game. You can damage any target EXCEPT Baron Blade and the damage does not get redistributed by the Elemental Redistributor. If the text you stated is exactly what the card says, that would be how you play it.

Just to second this: Sentinels is extremely literal. Do not read anything into the cards but what is actually printed on them. Whatever the card says is exactly what the card does. nothing more, nothing less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro F
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
brayle wrote:
Mizerak wrote:

Just to second this: Sentinels is extremely literal. Do not read anything into the cards but what is actually printed on them. Whatever the card says is exactly what the card does. nothing more, nothing less.

If I get a dollar everytime I heard this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fisico wrote:

You'd be able to afford the shipping on products from >Games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro F
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
Fisico wrote:

You'd be able to afford the shipping on products from >Games!

Sweet! And with some to spare! Hint: See the flag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
msg tools
Sorry to necro this thread. I just wanted to clarify that the mobile defense platform would stop the elemental redistributor from going off, if there was a global AOE dmg ability. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
allergy wrote:
Sorry to necro this thread. I just wanted to clarify that the mobile defense platform would stop the elemental redistributor from going off, if there was a global AOE dmg ability. Thanks!

Yep! If the MDP is in play then any damage to Blade is ignored, the Elemental Redistributor only triggers if Blade would lose HP from an attack. If he is immune, or has Damage Reduction that means he would not lose HP then it does not redirect the damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.