Subject: Keyflower rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Jacobson

Omaha
Nebraska - NE
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering backing Keyflower kickstarted and never have backed before. Are Merchants and Farmers expansions worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panayiotis Zois
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if you have the basic game but it's a fine game on its own. With the expansions you may have more variety and things to do but the randomness is increased as well and you should have that in your mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

For me, Farmers adds more content but nothing that different in play. If your attracted to the addition of a farming theme with animeeples or if you want to collect all the tiles go for it.

Merchants adds some depth to the game, especially the contract modules. I thought this was the better of the two.

Am I glad I have both? Yes. Are they essential? I think Keyflower is great even without the expansions, so no.

Warning: If you enjoy the game you may become slightly addicted to collecting the tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game stands completely alone as a great game.

The expansions are not neccessary, but add, as Richard Breese put it, breadth (Farmers), and depth (merchants) to the base game.

If you think you might still have the game in a year to two years time, it might be worth picking up the expansions, because R&D games tend not to do reprints (although Game Salute might). But neither expansion is essential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game stands very well on its own. Also you will likely see it in storefront when the campaign ships, that is how I got merchants (and I bought the base game used between NA 'production' runs, as that is all the KS here really are. I find it ridiculous that game salute won't run a print run without a kickstarter and living in Canada it is highly overpriced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.