James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
started playing again... Been a while and we had a few questions:

Siege- no range but need LOS?
Do units block LOS for any ranged?
Reanimate Dead command card- what is the value of it gets a coffin and an activation token?
rune smith ? What does this do?
Initiative order stays the whole game right?

I am sure there will be a lot more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Cornara
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
https://snipertroll.wordpress.com - https://shiftingmists.wordpress.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
Siege- no range but need LOS?

Correct. Just remember that when firing a siege range attack at a target within long range you hit on a "hit" and "critical hit" result.

Rocky123 wrote:
Do units block LOS for any ranged?

Nope. Disks never block LoS. Only terrain with the "Block Sight" rule does.

Rocky123 wrote:
Reanimate Dead command card- what is the value of it gets a coffin and an activation token?

Multiple reasons:
1) It's a battle ability, thus it doesn't require an activation to be used. It means the caster can be already activated or even pinned.
2) It allows you to place a small or medium undead disk regardless of the Reanimate level of the caster. (Isabella, who is already action-efficient thanks to Mobile, but lacks Reanimate, loves it).
3) Being slow, it allows you - in the right situation - to wait for your opponent's moves and then react by bringing in an uncounterable reinforcement where you need it (and your opponent can't do much about it because of point (1).

Rocky123 wrote:
rune smith ? What does this do?

I guess you are referring to the Runesmith trait granted to your Dwarf heroes for controlling the Forge. Per se, as any other trait, it does nothing, but it can allow them to use the battle abiltiies of command cards that require that keyword, namely Rune of Cleaving and Spelleater Rune.

Rocky123 wrote:
Initiative order stays the whole game right?

Right

Rocky123 wrote:
I am sure there will be a lot more

And we'll be here to answer, don't worry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks to the replies... a few more...

So if I reanminate dead, I can place it on a unit and pin it... then on the melee he can do damage... otherwise, he is placed out in the open, can't activate unless I get a way to remove the command token.

If the enemy is in my deploy zone, can I bring in a recruitment and pin his unit?

Scrum... (Odd Orc, Even Elves)... 1 pins 2 pins 3 pins 4 pins 5... If pin 1 and pin 2 kill each other, does that end, or does pin 2 get to attack pin 3 as well... one long chain?

An empowered Hero Disk has a natural 5 health.. get empowered so it has 6 for the turn.. it gets hit for 5 damage... the turn ends, it loses the empowerment... does it get a wound?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
Quote:
So if I reanminate dead, I can place it on a unit and pin it... then on the melee he can do damage... otherwise, he is placed out in the open, can't activate unless I get a way to remove the command token.

That depends, if you use the 'Reanimate' ability you get to bring it on unactivated in which case you can immediately send it out. It's only when you use the raise dead card that it comes on activated.

Quote:
If the enemy is in my deploy zone, can I bring in a recruitment and pin his unit?

If you have any reinforcements left, yes.

Quote:
Scrum... (Odd Orc, Even Elves)... 1 pins 2 pins 3 pins 4 pins 5... If pin 1 and pin 2 kill each other, does that end, or does pin 2 get to attack pin 3 as well... one long chain?

In any melee phase you only resolve engagements that existed at the start of the phase, and you resolve all engagements you can resolve going in order. In that situation, 1 is engaged to 2, 2 is engaged to 3, 3 is engaged to 4, and 4 is engaged to 5. If 1/2 kill each other then that resolves both 1 vs 2 and 2 vs 3. 3 vs 4 and 4 vs 5 are still unresolved and must be resolved before the melee phase is finished (in order from the top down).

Quote:
An empowered Hero Disk has a natural 5 health.. get empowered so it has 6 for the turn.. it gets hit for 5 damage... the turn ends, it loses the empowerment... does it get a wound?

The damage markers are removed at the same time the empowerment marker is, so no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.