Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm understanding this rule it says it can be used during "a player's turn," which I take to mean, "during any player's turn." Is that correct? Also, does that mean that the power cannot be used during a Key-Turn? If the power can be used during the Key-Turn, when exactly does it recharge relative to enemy movement?

Thanks,
Lee Valentine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it that you can use it at any time during the turn including during the enemy movement etc. One of the powers (cant remember who off hand) can be used to prevent a Named Enemy's special ability from triggering and as this occurs in the Key-Turn phase then the powers must be usable then as far as we were concerned.

We had never considered when they actually recharge but we just took it that once you used the power then you could not use it again until the next full turn and not the second movement/action phase that the Key Turn Holder gets, nor again in the Key Turn Phase as that is still part of the same turn.

I would suggest considering the powers recharge when the Key Turn token is passed to the next player as this signifies the end of the round being the last part of the Key Turn phase.

I wonder, if for clarity it maybe better to say that each player gets a movement/action phase during the key turn rather than saying each player gets a turn during the turn. I will suggest this on the V2 rules thread I think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
belborough wrote:

I would suggest considering the powers recharge when the Key Turn token is passed to the next player as this signifies the end of the round being the last part of the Key Turn phase.

This is probably correct looking at the language that this happens when "a Key-Turn has passed." This probably should be added to the Key-Turn sequence in the new rules. Your interpretation that Once Per Key-Turn power may be used during the Key-Turn may be correct, but if it is, the new rules should not say that the power needs to be used during "a player's turn" unless the Key-Turn is some specific player's turn.

Also, the end of the game happens during a Key-Turn. This should also be a specific point in the Key-Turn to see if you get one last chance to fight enemies that move onto you to trade them in for a Quest Coin.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
I had missed the only use during a Player's Turn rule. I cannot see that this is right however as this would mean that Arthur's ability, for example, could only be used during his turn/phase and not when any other character was moving and fighting and all the fighting and spoils type abilities only work part of the time. As for the artifacts, Merlin's Owl becomes pretty pointless if it only works when he scouts a Threat and lots of others are also massively reduced. The Maiden's Favour and Laudine's ability can never be used at all.

So I think this needs clarifying.

Paging Mr Murch, come in please!!!!

For me it should be any time during the round/full Turn and not just a player's turn unless they specify otherwise, such as for Dagonet's ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete, I had read "a player's turn" as during "any player's turn but not during the Key-Turn." I haven't even played, so I trust your judgment on the utility of the powers. I just think this needs clarifying if it can be used during the Key-Turn, because it implies that it can't be used then.

What did you think about the end of the game trigger? When does that happen during the Key-Turn?

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Aron should confirm this but my thoughts are for those that dont say when they can be used (there are some that say "at the start of your turn" for example) they must be usable in the Key Turn Phase as mentioned above.

I have added some comments about he end of turn to the V2 thread which outlines my thoughts on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Pete, I replied over there as well. I'm not quite sure where to put questions right now. If they are all put in the general forum thread about v. 2.0 of the rules, then they'll get lost for people looking up answers in the future.

Have a good evening.

Cheers,
Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Murch
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hey Lee,

I'm mostly responding here so that other people who find this thread have the answer. I think we've got things well covered in the V2 feedback thread.

"Once per Key-Turn", basically means once per round. V2 of the game will likely just say "once per round" on the cards. "During your turn" specifically means your character's turn. Was there a specific card you were wondering about that says during "a player's turn"?

Edit: Please keep posting question threads if you have questions! The rulebook thread is primarily for improving the rulebook itself. If you need an answer, the best thing to do is still start a thread! You made the right call!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aron,

The once per Key-Turn power definition says such powers can only be used on "a player's turn." Strictly read, that would imply they can't be used on a Key-Turn. If that's not the intent, you may want to change the definition.

Thanks,

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee,
The definition will be changing in V2 and so the "player's turn" restriction will be changed to once per round and so that means they will be usable in the Key Turn "phase" of the round.

For the FAQ for the original rules I will need to include a distinction that the Key Turn abilities of Threats trigger during the Key Turn "phase" at the end of the round, whilst the Character and Inventory Key Turn references relates to anytime during the whole Key Turn/Round and are not restricted just to a player's turn unless specified on the card (such as for Ragnelle and Dagonet)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.