CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
The problem in the equation is people. Eliminate that, everything works.
mbmbmbmbmb
The title says most of it. What games just really make you smile when you look at them because they're just so darn purty? I'd suggest limiting your choices to 3, and, of course, include pics.

1 - Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan

I love the black and gold pieces, the elegant shape of the blocks, the Japanese symbols. The gameplay is great but the art direction is what takes it up to a 10.

2 - Hive

C'mon, what's not to love about these bugs? And the big clunky pieces are so sensually pleasing to the fingers, I just love playing this game, even when I get womped (which is a lot).

3 - Dixit

This is not really my kind of game but the cards are so pretty and relaxing to look at, it just puts me in the mood for a light friendly game. For once, I don't care (very much) about winning or losing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobago

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Warriors of God

These are 7/8ths inch counters by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not my game but I've played a copy of Xia that belongs to somebody else. And the coins in that game are amazing:

They look and feel like real coins. I think they were a Kickstarter extra rather than the game's regular issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.