Popular Tags: [View All]
Michel Velleman
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

I looked around but did not find the specific answer I was looking for so here goes:

Is there any OTHER tile placing requirements apart from those defining a legal placement? Do the tile laying has to reflect a "logical organisation", like every tiles should be organised in a rough "boat shape"? Is it ok to all line up the "one wall" tiles in a long row to make sure you always have room for the connecting tiles? We have found ourself in a "strange" configuration with twists and turns and empty (open) spaces that would look migthy strange in a real boat (and we did lose one time because we still could not legaly place a tile)...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I'm aware of, but as you suggested getting too crazy might break the theme a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the doors and walls line up legally, you're fine. You just can't go 'below' the starting tile, as that line is the edge of the ship.

Don't think of the board as the shape of the ship. The ship is bigger...these are just the rooms you're able to enter. There's more going on around you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Velleman
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At Kevin Brent: Makes sens, thanks!

At Kane Klenko:

Great explanation and thank-you for creating such a great game. Even my father,who is older, not that interrested in game and has some cognitive / memory issues loves playing it with me. It became an "excuse" to spend precious time together so, again, thank-you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.