1 Posts

Moonshot the Game» Forums » News

Subject: MOONSHOT The Game second edition is now available! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Van Overbay
United States
flag msg tools
The Galactic Attic is proud to announce that the second edition of MOONSHOT The Game is now available. Described by GAMES Magazine as “A Giant Leap for Gamekind,” and awarded “Best New Family Game, MOONSHOT The Game has now been revised, expanded and renamed Tranquility Base™.

No trivia, no dice...Just real men, machines and two chimpanzees.

Tranquility Base™ is currently available in a Limited Edition format and print n-play Rapid-Pro Game Kit. You can find out more about it here on its BGG page at: And on our website at: You can also find a 10% discount offer in our website’s forums.

Notable awards and press for MOONSHOT includes:

“GAMES 100 Winner – Best New Family Board Game!”
“Thirty years after the first lunar landing, MOONSHOT is A Giant Leap for Gamekind! 180 colorful cards represent the NASA missions and equipment, as well as bonuses and penalties that reflect achievements and setbacks in the U.S. Space Program. Fuel cards are used to put down melds of the required space vehicles on the launch pad, send them off, and orbit around the board to collect replicas of actual NASA mission patches. The race ends with a final mission to the huge Moon gloriously displayed in the center of the board. Congratulations, you have gone where no other player has gone before! No knowledge of the U.S. space program is needed to enjoy this beautiful production, but it is fascinatingly informative!” — GAMES Magazine Buyer’s Guide 2000

“One of the Coolest New Board Games!”
“The cards are packed with historical information, making the game an enjoyable ride that is as educational as it is entertaining!” — InQuest Magazine

“A Game of Strategy, Skill and Survival!”
“Join the thrilling race to land on the Moon in this game of strategic thinking, clever tactics and endless fun!” — Discovery Channel

“A Cosmic Blast!”
“Take command of the Space Race in this exciting board game as you develop rockets, launch missions, and avoid life-threatening situations in a race to land on the Moon! It requires no prior knowledge of the space program—you’ll acquire plenty as you play!” — National Geographic Society

“An Explosive Game!”
“This can be an explosive game! It teaches a great deal of history about the race to the Moon and dishes out some lessons about the politics and economics involved!” — Astronomy Magazine

Testimonials from our customers include:

“I just had to write you and let you know how much I enjoy MOONSHOT The Game. As a matter of fact, three friends and myself get together once a week just so we can play the game. Not only is it easy and fun but you wouldn’t believe how much you learn while playing—reading the cards is a great way to pass the time while waiting for you next turn. GREAT WORK! WE LOVE MOONSHOT THE GAME!!” — Denise V.

“I recently picked up a copy of MOONSHOT The Game and I’ve become an instant addict! I’ve spread the disease to my cousin who purchased a copy less than a week later. Thanks again for a great game!” — Dr. Michael H.

“We’ve had MOONSHOT for about two and a half years and have really enjoyed it. My family has easily played it over 500 times, and each time is different and interesting, with lots of strategy going on!” — Gary G.

“Just wanted to tell you what a great game MOONSHOT is! My friends bought it for me for my birthday and we have been playing it like crazy ever since. Although I consider myself a space buff, there are still a lot of informative notes on the cards. The photos are terrific, very clear and sharp. I like the Corned Beef Sandwich card (I think that one is my favorite!)” — Karen W.

“Well, the game demo was a huge success! There is already growing interest in MOONSHOT The Game. Everybody who played it liked it, and a customer who is also a good friend is gonna hang out after close today to play again! You have obviously done your homework in putting this game together, and it plays great!” — Jeff L., owner Other Worlds game store.

“I recently played a game of your MOONSHOT space cardgame and I have to say that I enjoyed the game immensely! I have been looking for a good, colorful, easy to learn game about the US manned space program for quite awhile and MOONSHOT really fit the ticket!” — Robert F., Metro Detroit Gamers.

I hope you will check it out! Please also take a look at our new game SeaRovers™, The Exciting Game of Real Pirates & Buccaneers. You can find it here on BGG at:

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.