C H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I doubt the 5th player will actually see that much table time so I was wondering if I should get this expansion or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new spells in this expansion are excellent. We never play 5 but still love MC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a most-have expansion, if you don't need the firth player ... that being said I am going to buy evrything that says Wiz-War om it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that both expansions are well worth the purchase. No questions they both add some really fun stuff to the game. If you can get both I would say it's worth it, but obviously that might not be a priority for you. So... If I were forced at gun point to choose one of them I would probably choose Malefic Curses over Bestial Forces. Here's my reasoning.

1) a fifth player is really useful to have available even if it won't get used very often. Not only that but you'll have a 5th board to use which will mix up the games a little because you won't always be using the same 4 boards together.

2) the 5th player model is really cool! (that's not exactly going to sway your decision but I do like the purple player model)

3) Some of my favourite spells are in this expansion. I love the hexes, because they just do some silly things (hex of teleportation ) and I'm a sucker for something Chaotic in Wiz-War so Ghost Shield is something I love (basically it's a counter spell; you roll a die and on some results it counters the spell, reverses it, or in one case ghosts come out and attack both players!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
The fifth player parts are significant in that they come with another board, which can be useful to mix up the game regardless of how many players there are.

Simply swapping in the purple board can add a bit of difference to the layout (especially if you use the classic-side boards, where purple is the Hallway of Death).

I'm also a big fan of the spells in MC, they deliberately increased the viability of attacks in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.