19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southwest

Subject: [Chandler, AZ] Looking for Gamers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
black joker
msg tools
Hey All!

Fiance and I were looking to find people in our area (Chandler, AZ) interested in board games. Doesn't have to be routine, just trying to find friends with a common interest. If interested (or want more info before deciding), please email me (email link to the left of this post).

We would gladly host. Nice table and room. Two dogs (10 lbs each), just fyi! We do not have any kids.

List of games, to give you a glimpse:
Sequence
Triominoes
Arkham Horror
Castle Panic (with both expacs)
Zombicide
Galaxy Defenders (with both expacs)
Pandemic
Isla Dorada
Dungeon Dice (w/ "Guilds" expac)
Munchkin (some expacs)
Xenoshyft Onslaught
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt M

Phoenix
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you happen to work at Intel in Chandler? We play something everyday at lunch.

If not, check out these links:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/view/2269

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1383941/twelve-oaks-gam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Walt - are you at the Ocotillo campus or Chandler campus? Curious what you play on a daily basis... I am in Ocotillo and would love to get something like that started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt M

Phoenix
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I work in CH6 so we set up in the back of the CH6/CH5 Cafe.

In the past month or two we have played the following games:
Bang: The Dice Game
Spyfall
Timeline (American History, World Events, Music & Cinema)
We Did Not Play Test This
No Thanks
Red7
Machi Koro (w/ The Harbor Expansion)
Camel Up!
Colt Express
Ca$h and Guns v2 (I leave the foam guns at home.)
Love Letter
Munchkin
Wits and Wagers
Istanbul
King of Tokyo

Bang and Spyfall have been the most popular since we usually get between 7 and 8 people showing up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband and I have been in the area a couple of years and just purchased a home in the east valley. Right now we are pretty busy moving, but we are interested in meeting more local gamers in the future.

Adam is better at cataloging our collection than I am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
wamphx wrote:
I work in CH6 so we set up in the back of the CH6/CH5 Cafe.

In the past month or two we have played the following games:
Bang: The Dice Game
Spyfall
Timeline (American History, World Events, Music & Cinema)
We Did Not Play Test This
No Thanks
Red7
Machi Koro (w/ The Harbor Expansion)
Camel Up!
Colt Express
Ca$h and Guns v2 (I leave the foam guns at home.)
Love Letter
Munchkin
Wits and Wagers
Istanbul
King of Tokyo

Bang and Spyfall have been the most popular since we usually get between 7 and 8 people showing up.

I guess I need to start scheduling "lunch meetings" at that campus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Theres meetup.com - There's Chandler meetup - they host every two weeks on the weekend.. Scottsdale/PV host weekly on weeknights and sometimes on weekends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Decoste
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey there! I just moved to mid/east Mesa and my wife and I are looking to set up a a gaming group so I'm glad to have seen this. We like a variety of games and are just interested in meeting people and having some fun.

I saw that desert sky game (?) does a sunday board game day but it's pretty dead. I was planning on finding people to go in that day and play but we're always willing to play other days and at homes. We are always happy to host as well.

Send me a message if you would like to get ore in contact and find some times to game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most popular are midweek and saturdays. Sunday people have to get ready for work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hart
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've lived in the Mesa area about a year (before that was Philadelphia), and I've found that there are a few really good board game groups on meetup.com for the East Valley. I've found everyone out here to be very friendly, and very eager to include. Also, Game Depot in Tempe is great if you're looking for a FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raubythyme wrote:
I've lived in the Mesa area about a year (before that was Philadelphia), and I've found that there are a few really good board game groups on meetup.com for the East Valley. I've found everyone out here to be very friendly, and very eager to include. Also, Game Depot in Tempe is great if you're looking for a FLGS.

I second Game Depot!

Also, my wife and I are in Maricopa and would love to get together anytime for some games - particularly Arkham Horror!

send me a geekmail anytime and let's meet up - we have two small dogs also (<10 lbs) and can happily host. We've got a saltwater pool that makes for a nice between-games diversion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
HuckmanT wrote:
Also, my wife and I are in Maricopa and would love to get together anytime for some games - particularly Arkham Horror!

send me a geekmail anytime and let's meet up - we have two small dogs also (<10 lbs) and can happily host. We've got a saltwater pool that makes for a nice between-games diversion.

Isn't Maricopa in Mexico?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I third Game Depot. The owners are very supportive of board games. Also recommend the Chandler Games group on Meetup. Dorothy and Cory host a bi-weekly event at their home on Saturdays. You would be hard pressed to find kinder hosts.

I also live in Chandler. Feel free to e-mail me if you are looking for another player some week night.

- Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick and Linda from the Scottsdale / PV Gaming group meetup hosts theirs every second Saturday of the month - about 20-30 people attend the gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wamphx wrote:
Do you happen to work at Intel in Chandler? We play something everyday at lunch.

If not, check out these links:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/view/2269

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1383941/twelve-oaks-gam...

Definitely check out the Twelve Oaks Game Night (links above). We try to get together the 2nd Friday of each month (cross streets are Chandler Blvd and Rural Road in Chandler). I will mention that this month, it is pushed to the 3rd Friday (Aug 21 instead of Aug 14).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Myers
msg tools
mbmbmb
Throwing myself in the mix, as well. Just moved here with the family. Ran a weekly game night in Vegas, and looking for the same vibe here. Plus I have a nice new haul from Gen Con that's itching to be played.

Looking for a little bit more of a bar setting though... what can I say, I like drinking and swearing when I game.

Live in Gilbert, work in Scottsdale and Tempe. I've taken a look at a couple of the meetups, but haven't made it out to any yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Yeung
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talk to Rick - there's usually drinks there.

Most group does not play at bars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah man, East Valley....cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hagaf22 wrote:
Ah man, East Valley....cry

Yeah, I feel for them as well. At least it isn't Tucson. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.