Subject: House rules for advanced play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin McKay
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I play with the following power tweaks for 2 player:

MacDonnell: No longer stays in play. When active, it is worth double points at the end of the round. MacDonnell was arguably the weakest power whenever we played...so we bumped up its point value. Very nice to drop one of these now.

Cockburn: No longer swaps with supporters. Instead, when activated, reveal a recruit (speeding up the round clock by 1 turn), or reveal a hidden follower on your opponents side. Speeding up the recruit clock is very fun and adds extra strategy.

Fergusson: Swaps with supporters or followers. Swapping with supporters was fun and helped stop someone from winning by default. We maintained that feature by rolling both powers into one.

Forsyth: Draw a recruit. Instead of drawing a card, Forsyth is very strong by drawing a face up recruit.

Wemyss: Discard a follower or make opponent discard a card from hand. Having an opponent discard a card, helps make Wemyss an attractive play when they have no followers in play.

Cochrane: No longer takes two supporters. Instead, when active, add to your support pool (if you win the round). My wife really dislikes when I take two supporters. It really decides the game for whoever pulls it off. Instead, this tweak tones it down more.

Makgill: No change.

Scott: No change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
These are pretty neat modifications on the clans cards. Will try these next time we play. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting but completely unnecessary!

Giving an additional power to Wemyss is crazy, that's already one of the strongest clans. And I love the threat of Cochrane grabbing two supporters, it is part of what keeps this game exciting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.