Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Rixon
Australia
Rockhampton
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own The Manhattan Project 2011, also The Manhattan Project Second Stage 2012. These two are compatible. What edition of
The Manhattan Project: Nations Expansion do I need or does my collection have all updates and the set Nations is superseded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nations is not included in any other Manhattan Project edition or expansion. As to compatibility, there are several threads on this forum that I suggest you refer to for an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
All versions of Nations are compatible with all versions of the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
cosine wrote:
All versions of Nations are compatible with all versions of the rest of the game.

I heard there is a compability problem between the nation cards from Second Stage and some printings (Queen Games?) of Nations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Williams
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card size is slightly different, but it won't make any difference to the gameplay as the cards are always kept separate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum Djinn wrote:
The card size is slightly different, but it won't make any difference to the gameplay as the cards are always kept separate.
Agreed, there's no shuffling, which is where size mismatches cause problems. Except, of course, if you want to combine Nations and Nations II and also want to shuffle them to perform randomised Nation selection (are the card backs the same, I can't remember?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Quantum Djinn wrote:
Agreed, there's no shuffling, which is where size mismatches cause problems. Except, of course, if you want to combine Nations and Nations II and also want to shuffle them to perform randomised Nation selection (are the card backs the same, I can't remember?)

No, they're different. It's a tiny bit annoying, but you just kind of shuffle in hand without peeking and deal them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Williams
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are exactly the same size, but a slightly different colour. Sigh, how hard can it be.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum Djinn wrote:
Mine are exactly the same size, but a slightly different colour. Sigh, how hard can it be.....
The evidence across a huge number of projects is: harder than you'd think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.