Kemet: Ta-Seti» Forums » General

Subject: Rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Brown
msg tools
Any new rules?
Let's talk about the dawn phase.
What else is new besides the black tiles.

Go!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rules
I call shenanigans for you not putting a question mark at the end of your subject line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
I call shenanigans for you not putting a question mark at the end of your subject line.

Agreed! I wish this was coming out soon. Too bad it's taking so long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Brown
msg tools
Changed it for ya!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando A. C. Jr.
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is at Gen Con ... and seems ready ... But what about the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any commentary on the photos? For example, are the board(s) on the left the Path To Ta-Seti?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check out Joel's video for a pretty good explanation of the new modules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Excellent, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes! I'll buy it at a high price!

The new modules and changes sound really good! I like that if you have enough points to win the game is over. It will reduce king making. I also like how you battle for position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Superfly Snuka
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's a little more complicated than just having enough points wins. The victory condition is only checked at the start of your action. This is to correct the "player going last wins" situation that happens a lot in close games.

my terminology is
Turn = a start of the new day phase
Phase = 1 of 3 phases, day night or the new dawn phase
action = each player has by default 5 actions each day phase unless modified by special tokens. each player takes 1 action and then pass priority to the next player in turn order.

at the 3:00 mark of the video he says that the winner in found at the start of a players action, if he/she has the required number of points to win, and nobody else does, they win immediately.

Example of the change effecting the game in a 8 point:
** Original rules
Player A is last to act in a day phase and has 5 points and the the ability to make 2 moves. He takes 2 temples and the round ends. Player A now has 8 points and wins. nobody could stop him

** New rules
Player-A is last to act in a day phase and has 5 points and the the ability to make 2 moves. He takes 2 temples and the round ends. Player-A now has 8 points. *** Now the night phase plays out and we go to the dawn phase. If players B, C, D, or E can win the fight for turn order, they can put themselves ahead of player-A in the turn order. Then the day phase happens and anybody in front of player-A has a chance to take away a VP from them by taking one of their temples or one of their level 4 pyramids. OR if they can somehow match player-A's VP total they can make the victory condition a tie and the game continues.

This is a huge change and has been used to some degree by my game group and has made the game very exciting. WARNING - this does add about 30 minutes to the game though as the leader and new leaders after that get ganged up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.