Subject: No-Mans-Land shelling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Poulsen
Denmark
Randers
flag msg tools
Hey everyone
I have a question about placing the shelling in No-Mans-Land. Do I really roll on every hex, in every row? The rules seem pretty clear about this, but I just thing its an awfull lot of dice rolling. I even ran out of Shell crates inn scenario 2 where there are 4 rows.

Is there something I am doing wrong.

Other than that I would just like to say that its a great game that you can pick up right away but still leaves a lot of place for mastering. I am playing it with my 6 year old son at the monent,and though he may not get the tactical debth of it all, he has no ploblem playing the game.

Cheers
Thomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Guntzelnick wrote:
...I am playing it with my 6 year old son at the monent,and though he may not get the tactical debth of it all, he has no ploblem playing the game.

In addition he should be a tougher opponent than Moltke the younger. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Holmes
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Thomas

my understanding of the No-Man's Land Shelling rule is as follows. For the first hex row start at the left hand side and roll 1 d6. Count the number of hexes along and place a shellhole in that hex. Then, roll again, count along and place a shellhole. Continue doing this until you count off the right hand side of the board. Repeat this procedure for all other hex rows in No-Man's Land.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No-Man's-Land Shelling is not Reserve Artillery fire on every hex. I suggest you re-read page 9 of the rules.

I have made a drawing of the procedure:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Poulsen
Denmark
Randers
flag msg tools
I FINALLY GET IT.

How could I have gotten it wrong? Its right there in the text?
Well thank you Guys for your help.

Thomas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vincent pontello
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Ok. I just got the game and am playing with my 16 year old son. This makes little sense for us. Is the no mans land shelling only during the start of the scenario? Also, can units take damage or do you just skip the area if the dice roll hits a unit in a trench. Not much purpose of this in the game except to put out a few shell craters. Am I missing something here and reading the rules wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vlpontello wrote:
Ok. I just got the game and am playing with my 16 year old son. This makes little sense for us. Is the no mans land shelling only during the start of the scenario? Also, can units take damage or do you just skip the area if the dice roll hits a unit in a trench. Not much purpose of this in the game except to put out a few shell craters. Am I missing something here and reading the rules wrong?

Hi,
- you do it only at the beginning of the scenario
- you skip the units, they do not take any damage
- it is not "few shell craters" - it is matter of life and death; craters create places where you can ignore one soldier symbol and one flag - usually the only way to cross no man's land; it is of vital importance in the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.