Hide
13 Posts

Serpent's Tongue» Forums » General

Subject: Avak-shar card overflow. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
123123 123123
msg tools
All of us who own the game are blessed with having many, many Avak-shar cards. Got more than 50 now! Okay, we enter the code at the "Become Magi" site to collect some "extras" but then again.........! What's the best thing to do with the cards after their codes have been entered? Throw them away? Just ignore them? Use them for decoration or integrate them in the came somehow? How could they be integrated most effectively? Does anyone know whether "Unbound Games" is planning to use them in any way later? What are you and your gaming group doing with them (until then)? Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
I put them on my bookcase for when someone needs a bookmark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a contest coming on! Submit your photos...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123123 123123
msg tools
bengkohn wrote:
I put them on my bookcase for when someone needs a bookmark.

Isn't that sad? Any other ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123123 123123
msg tools
Squatting Monkey wrote:

Ideas with or without photos are welcomed. How can the Awak-shar cards be integrated into the game once their codes have been used for collecting the "extras"? Are there any houserules???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
XXX123XXX wrote:
Squatting Monkey wrote:

Ideas with or without photos are welcomed. How can the Awak-shar cards be integrated into the game once their codes have been used for collecting the "extras"? Are there any houserules???

Maybe you could use them to mark out things like expansion slots ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123123 123123
msg tools
ricky2002 wrote:
XXX123XXX wrote:
Squatting Monkey wrote:

Maybe you could use them to mark out things like expansion slots ?

Or mark first and second Full Action? What do you use to keep track in a multiple player setting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
XXX123XXX wrote:

Or mark first and second Full Action? What do you use to keep track in a multiple player setting?

I use the chits/tokens the game provides - the small square/diamond ones. Check my video demo to see them in use....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123123 123123
msg tools
ricky2002 wrote:
XXX123XXX wrote:

I use the chits/tokens the game provides - the small square/diamond ones. Check my video demo to see them in use....

Okay and what do you use the Awak-shar cards for?
The small square or diamond chits or tokens are considered "Voice". What do you represent "Voice" in your system with, what is it there for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
XXX123XXX wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:
XXX123XXX wrote:

Okay and what do you use the Awak-shar cards for?
The small square or diamond chits or tokens are considered "Voice". What do you represent "Voice" in your system with, what is it there for?

I dont use the A'S' for anything....

There are lots of small square/diamond tokens in different colours, so they are multi-purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123123 123123
msg tools
Hmmm. Are there any houserules making use of the Awak-shar cards for anything im "Serpents Tongue"? How many "Awak-shar" cards do you have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I add index tabs to mine and use them to separate the cards in my archive cases. Core cards get stored in archive cases, inscription cards in a photo album. I also use the AS cards as space holders in the photo album when I put the last copy of an incantation in a codex.

At BGG Con I will be leaving these around the gaming area and if someone returns one to my booth they will get a discount.

LS Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123123 123123
msg tools
Okay but it seems noone uses them in the actual game. What a pity!

One could for instance make "Serpents Tongue" a guessing game. Whoever looses one "Essence" due to a spell must disclose one of the characters from the one "Avak'shar" card that has been dealt out at the beginning of the game. Winner is who is the first one to guess the complete code of an opponent's card correctly.

Are there any other ideas on "Avak'shar" card usage in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.