War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Hats off to Ares rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Hound
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to take the opportunity to publicly thank Ares for their consumer-friendly decision to allow pre-orders for the first 48 hours rather than a set amount of copies which inevitably leads to a feeding frenzy.

I came extremely close to purchasing this game a few months ago on a visit to the US, but ultimately did not. So here's my chance to get this awesome version of a great game. As it happens, I'm currently travelling in the EU, and given my work schedule, there's no way I would have snagged a copy.

So hats off to Ares. I know there are those who will say it's a profit-friendly decision, but we've all seen examples of companies going the other route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
right there with you. thanks Ares
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wargrave
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
agreed. Lets hope they see the positive feedback that this is generating and that they follow this model for any further special/painted editions (possibly the next two expansions and the final triple whammy expansion.)

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit..."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must also complement the way they listen to users here at BGG. You do not see that from every gaming company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I agree, well done.

Really good Ares week for me as I also had the GD season 2 boxes waiting for me at the post office cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's also give them credit for actually knowing the true market demand for this thing.

And maybe we BBG'ers should note the error of our over-reaction and maybe stop thinking we know how to run their business better than they do.

Just saying, the sky never came close to falling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.