Popular Tags: [View All]
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will we see a 10th Anniversary edition next year, in English, on kickstarter, with new designed boards, and player mats as add-ons, in a bigger box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo García

Madrid
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid not.

It's already taking me too long to sell out the 1936 copies of the game. To give you an idea: around 1700 copies have been actually sold, 150 are in the stores ready to be sold and another 100 are chez moi waiting to be sent to a store (they don't add up to 1936 because I'm rounding up).

I think the anniversary event next year will actually be the end of the lifecycle of the game. A few months ago I was targeting this year, but that was wishful thinking, unfortunately. Now I'm hoping for next year.

But I do appreciate the interest.

Arturo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1700 copies is a lot. And that in spanish. I think this could sell good in english as well. By the time this game came out there was no kickstarter, but there is now. Then the game was a bit hard for me to find, living in another country, but with kickstarter you can sell the game all over the world. I think a "anniversary edition" could sell, especially if all the expansions is in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo García

Madrid
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I've learned in all these years is how hard it is to be a publisher. I don't intend to ever self-publish again. Kickstarter or no kickstarter.

Arturo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe so. There is a Kickstarter now for a game called Last Front. And it seems like a kickstarter could have looked like, if there was one for 1936: Guerra Civil.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/plowgames/last-front-th...

Right now, just 67 backers. So, not easy to sell a lot of games it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter-Michiel Geuze
United States
Hiram
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I regret that the game was not available in English. I would hope that you could find a Print on Demand provider both Stateside and in Europe. This way, buyers could just order and the copy is made and sent, with you just getting a cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo elcano
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Un saludo Arturo. Y feliz año nuevo. Soy el afortunado poseedor de una copia de tu fantástico juego. Te animo en tu duro trabajo de poder vender finalmente todas las copias del juego. A mí me gusta mucho y me bajo todas las cartas nuevas que vas añadiendo. Te felicito por este gran juego del que tiene un gran trabajo de documentación detrás y que ayuda a aprender más de este terrible conflicto que asoló nuestro país hace ya 80 años.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.