Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The two expansions for this game deserve? Improve the game? Enrich it? They also improve the game for two? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I only have Spirits of Niagara but I think it really improves the base game.

The double space canoes are the main improvement, which makes it easier to steal gems from people and also can increase a player's overall speed of collecting gems.

The beaver, the hurried Elk, and the whirlpool are small things that add some nice touches but nothing at all major as compared to the double space canoes.

If you like Niagara, it's a very good purchase. It does not change the player count though. As noted below, Spirits does add a sixth player. But minimum players is still 3.

I'm not too interested in getting any other expansion stuff, because with all the added stuff in Spirits, the game gets close to being a little bit too fiddly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Davies
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
Y Ddraig Goch Ddyry Gychwyn.
badge
Let the count down to UKGE begin.
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the Spirits of Niagara expansion and for me it took an alright game and turned it into a really good game.

I believe the expansion added a sixth player as the base is only five players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Collins
United Kingdom
SIDMOUTH
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spirits: sometimes we omit the whirlpool: upside it that players get home more often, downside is fewer players going over the falls (i.e. can be good for kids). But I wouldn't play Niagara without the extra paddle cards, the elk and the beaver.

Joe: doesn't really affect play that much, you sometimes get a bonus gem, which is nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.