Subject: Landing with no one in the Radio Room... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 17 is getting close to landing. My Radio Op is dead. G-9 says something to the affect of the Radio Op must be in the Radio Room to avoid the negative landing mod.

I can't find what that mod is. It's not under P-4 or B1-4. I can't find it in the rules. Pleas help. I want to bring these guys in.

-zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have them here at the office, but as I recall, the -6 modifier applies to ditching, Table G-10, if the radio is out. I don't think that there would be a negative modifier at your home field because the pilot can talk over the Wing frequency and reach the tower. The penalty is for not being able to contact Air/Sea Rescue or RAF Coastal Command.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about a landing in zone 1? The rules say something about there being emergency landing strips in zone 1. Does that mean anything?

-zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your pilot or co-pilot would still be able to advise Wing that you are landing at an alternate field. Since the healthy planes are landing at home field, there would be no need to worry about the traffic pattern.
So my guess is No Effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. Thanks a lot.

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Tate
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are there any negative modifiers for landing if the radio is out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Tate wrote:
Are there any negative modifiers for landing if the radio is out?

No negative modifiers for a landing at the base with the radio out (for the reasons mentioned above). The only negative landing modifier with the radio out is for ditching in the water, -6 as mentioned before, and then only if your B-17 was out of formation (nobody else around to radio Air-Sea Rescue for you).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.