Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: So in the AE Box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is 205 figures
in the 2nd edition box there are 204 do we know what the other figure is??

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The G-man...

dstair2002 wrote:
There is 205 figures
in the 2nd edition box there are 204 do we know what the other figure is??

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And if we need to explain who that is to anyone, your LotR card is getting pulled.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward G. Robinson?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
J. Edgar Hoover?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
was it told on the web site?? and I missed it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rory Calhoun?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote is on Vader. Signifies an Ares-FFG partnership. Sauron to guest star in next Star Wars movie as a stormtrooper.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
was it told on the web site?? and I missed it?


Actually, serious answer Joel: You were incorrect. There are indeed 205 figs in the regular 2e. The 1e only had 204 figs. The 2nd Ed. includes a Gollum figure which was not present in the first edition (only available as a promo after the publication of the first edition.)

So that is fig #205. It's in the standard 2e.

Couldn't leave you hangin' on that one!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John Galt?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmb
fubar awol wrote:
The G-man...

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Xookliba wrote:
dstair2002 wrote:
was it told on the web site?? and I missed it?


Actually, serious answer Joel: You were incorrect. There are indeed 205 figs in the regular 2e. The 1e only had 204 figs. The 2nd Ed. includes a Gollum figure which was not present in the first edition (only available as a promo after the publication of the first edition.)

So that is fig #205. It's in the standard 2e.

Couldn't leave you hangin' on that one!


But every where it's sold say that their are 204 figures did they just not count him. I have the 2nd and didn't count every figure just didn't know what was going on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I always held Gordon Freeman close to my heart as my own personal G-Man.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I always held Gordon Freeman close to my heart as my own personal G-Man.

No one can get closer to my heart than Alyx.


Wait, what franchise is this thread about?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
Xookliba wrote:
dstair2002 wrote:
was it told on the web site?? and I missed it?


Actually, serious answer Joel: You were incorrect. There are indeed 205 figs in the regular 2e. The 1e only had 204 figs. The 2nd Ed. includes a Gollum figure which was not present in the first edition (only available as a promo after the publication of the first edition.)

So that is fig #205. It's in the standard 2e.

Couldn't leave you hangin' on that one!


But every where it's sold say that their are 204 figures did they just not count him. I have the 2nd and didn't count every figure just didn't know what was going on.


Not everywhere

Most likely those places are just copying the text from the first edition in their description. The 2e box does contain 205. Oddly enough, there is not a box back picture for the 2e (where I am sure it is listed), but I will try to get one uploaded later so you can see.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel, if you check page 7 of your rulebook, you'll see 205 listed in the inventory for figs. Also, check pg. 9:



You can count those up to 205, and notice Gollum is listed under the Fellowship.

But I totally do not carry around a copy of the rulebook on a USB stick at all times. Nope. That would be weird...

whistle
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benwax123 wrote:
My vote is on Vader. Signifies an Ares-FFG partnership. Sauron to guest star in next Star Wars movie as a stormtrooper.

Saruman was in EP II & III.

Sauron's a Trekkie.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Rexford
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Thufferin Thuccotash!! It'th Cold out Here!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fubar awol wrote:
The G-man...

dstair2002 wrote:
There is 205 figures
in the 2nd edition box there are 204 do we know what the other figure is??



It's JAMES CAGNEY!

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This Thread = Half-Life 3 Confirmed
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ngo
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI if you have not seen the AR box:

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fubar awol wrote:
The G-man...

dstair2002 wrote:
There is 205 figures
in the 2nd edition box there are 204 do we know what the other figure is??



Gargamel?
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ozmo wrote:
fubar awol wrote:
The G-man...

dstair2002 wrote:
There is 205 figures
in the 2nd edition box there are 204 do we know what the other figure is??



Gargamel?


That's IT! LotR card...REVOKED!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to see that the AE edition only had 205 vs. the CE that had over 240. Oh well..... soblue

-Ski
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chargetheguns wrote:
John Galt?


Thanks....I finally had forgotten that steaming crapfest of movies only to now have the bile rise again....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.