United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Here:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/21/prison-...

Matt discusses inspiration (prison break), design decisions, setup instructions (building a "captured deck", only one hero to start, separate staging areas for multiplayer games), and why it's one of his favorite scenarios.

Teases a new, unnamed, 5 HP hero coming out in Across the Ettenmoors & states it's "on it's way" (which could mean a number of things.

This one looks amazing.

AdmiralACF wrote:
Actually, the article was written by Matt Newman.

Fixed, thanks Tony!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently everything but your Events, Songs and Conditions go to your Caputred Deck. Daaaaaaaang.

Balanced Glorfindel saves the day again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This quest sounds really interesting. It is going to be really cool to make a whole new type of deck for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This sounds so cool. Actually, I was hoping for something similar with the Land of Shadow quests (no allies - just Frodo and Sam trekking with Gollum) but this is amazing. It looks like it will have a very RPG feel of adding power to your deck. I'm so excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, this is one of the reasons I love this game. The designers have done such a good job creating a diverse game experience over the plethora of scenarios to date. There is always some new twist that keeps an aging game fresh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very excited for this quest, sounds like a better version of Escape from Dol Goldur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love quests like this that are such a departure from the standard quest formula and really make you rethink your strategy. Looking at some of my existing decks, I'd be left with only 10-15 cards after the capture deck is made! I suppose you could use that to your advantage to ensure you get those key cards (Feint or Unexpected Courage come to mind) to keep you alive early in the quest. Playing tri- or even dual-sphere in this one is going to be tough.

John85 wrote:
Caleb discusses inspiration (prison break), design decisions, setup instructions (building a "captured deck", only one hero to start, separate staging areas for multiplayer games), and why it's one of his favorite scenarios.

Actually, the article was written by Matt Newman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared M
msg tools
mbmbmb
Tactics Boromir it is then! Not sure of another hero with that much action advantage from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ender82 wrote:
Tactics Boromir it is then! Not sure of another hero with that much action advantage from the start.

Don't forget Bonniemir!

Seriously though, I can't wait to see what Brandon has to say about this on CotR. A lot earlier in the show, the teens I think, he talked about the show Prison Break SOOOOO much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Gamgee with some Dunedain signals would probably be pretty sweet.

And you could include a Fast Hitch and Song of Wisdom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K C

Centennial
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
Apparently everything but your Events, Songs and Conditions go to your Caputred Deck. Daaaaaaaang.

What about Titles? Surely those would stay. They can't strip a prisoner of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well now I'm confused. The article says both of the following:

Quote:
To that end, the first thing you are instructed to do when setting up this scenario is to remove all of your allies, Items, Mounts, and Artifacts from your deck.

and
Quote:
You’re completely alone, with only one hero and a deck that consists only of events, Skills, Songs, and Conditions.

Is the latter just hyperbole? I guess we'll wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Network57 wrote:
Azeltir wrote:

What about Titles? Surely those would stay. They can't strip a prisoner of those.

Take allies, items, mounts, and artifacts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't normally care too much about previews for quests, but this one does sound very cool. I'm keen to try out some of my existing decks without any modifications or even checking how much of the deck will be affected by the quest setup conditions, just to see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
Sam Gamgee with some Dunedain signals would probably be pretty sweet.

Sam was my first thought when I was reading this article and in combination also Taking Initiative which could finally be really useful.

I am really excited about this quest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmmm, this is probably one of the most extreme cases of quests where the right deck will determine it's difficulty. But I don't think I mind too much if the quest is good.

Galadriel would be a poor hero to start with.

Beorn on the other hand...
The narative alone is awesome. Goblins capture Beorn, he changes into a bear and goes on a rampage in the dungeons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.