Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Dodd
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If so, what would the set-up be? Would you suggest this when first learning or teaching Coup: G54?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hesy
Germany
Bad Iburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
No.
The roles from coup are not included in this set.
And that's ok, because the original coup roles are highly balanced and interact with each other.
The g54 roles are designed so each card can work on its own without needing a dedicated counterpart.

If you exclude tha advanced roles, g54 is easier to teach than coup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rulebook for CG54 suggests a set of roles to start with, and these roles are roughly similar to Coup. So there is a card like the ambassador, a card like the assassin, and so forth. It is simplified though since, as noted by the previous poster, you don't have inter-card dependencies, such as the relationship between the assassin and the contessa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no Contessa replacement in the suggested setup for Guatemala 1954. The Assassin replacement does need $4 currency to actually assassinate though. I played the game 3 times today, and we started to sub in other cards as we went along. It will be interesting to see how roles like Farmers plays out because we found fewer people challenged it since the person playing the Farmer was going to give another player a coin. Some cards might be oddballs in the end, ie Protesters, but overall I liked it a lot as the additional cards adds much needed variety and once people know what are options for cards, you can sub in on the fly between games so getting repeat plays felt even easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this very same question when this forum started.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1266509/can-you-play-origin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dodd
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
I asked this very same question when this forum started.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1266509/can-you-play-origin...

Yeah, I didn't see that. Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.