Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
The card area is 3x3. I've currently divided out the oblong tokens into separate compartments, but I could combine them if I ever needed another compartment for cards (which MAY be needed if the cards are sleeved -- mine are not) or tokens (like the jewel tokens which I chose not to purchase).

The other compartments can be sized to taste (just make sure the score sheets and screens fit in the big compartment).

The height of the sides/walls is 1 5/8 inches (NOT counting the 3/8 inch foam core bottom). This leaves enough room for the instructions and play mat on the top (i.e., the cover closes completely with both on top).

The Box (closes completely with everything inside):

You see the play mat when you open the box:

You see the instructions when you remove the play mat:

You see the foam core insert when you remove the instructions:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job. I have recently gotten in to making inserts. I just got my Kickstarter version. I will have to make one for mine. Thanks. I just posted my tuck boxes I made for the game in the files section of Viceroy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brophy
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks fantastic. I've been thinking to start making foam core inserts, and the I think I might copy your design for my first one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt Pepere
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks great !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! For folks who are new to foam core inserts, this would be a good first one to try. Not to detailed, but definitely a worthwhile addition to the game.

If you want some tips, look at the end of the first post in this tread to see what I use to make my inserts. Someone also posts a great video link later in the thread.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1296094/my-foamcore-foam-bo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I R
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
Looking good!

I have the play mat (which does fit in the box length wise btw) and by looking at your 4th picture, I'm pretty sure if I moved the gems compartment directly below your Science/Magic compartment, created another compartment below your points token compartment, and made your gems compartment the height of both rows you'd be able to fit the matt in that column. There should still be enough room to rest the scorepad, screens and rulebook ontop of everything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.