Tomasz Waldowski
Poland
Bydgoszcz
Kujawsko-Pomorskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We finished our first 2-player game yesterday and we have some questions:

1. Is a Centaurian Resistance a player - does combat cards reffering to all players affect them?

2. Sirius Theocracy Action card 1 - on the card is 5 CP discount when you are a chancellor. On player aid says it is 4 CP discount. Which is correct?

3. Does Quantum Reflection Technology (blue faction) give points after reseaching it? For example I did not use my Centaurian Resistance rewards, some time later I've researched QR Tech - do I get the points and now I can use these cards for bonuses?

4. What is the speed (engine type) of Centaurian Resistance? One combat cards gives a bonus "when you have a single fastest ship".

5. What is the timing when two laws say: at the end of council stage. For example Hammer of law (bonus action at the end of council phase - chancellor chooses research/upgrade/build ships) and Riches to Riches (at the end of council phase each player with 20 or more CP receives 1 victory point). So... what comes first into play?

I am sure that more questions will arise after our next game ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. For the purpose of using combat cards, yes they are.

2. The card is correct (as a side note, cards are always correct, player aids were drawn after the cards were fully tested and finalized).

3. The benefits of this technology apply to all the Centaurian Resistance cards you have in your hand at the moment of learning this technology and to future cards you may gain. It does not apply to cards which you have already discarded for their benefits. In other words, when you discard such a card, you gain both benefits and points.

4. The Centaurian Resistance always has a speed of 0.

5. If more things happen at the same time (like in your example) and their outcome is interlinked, the Chancellor rules regarding the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Waldowski
Poland
Bydgoszcz
Kujawsko-Pomorskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrei!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Loiselle
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anovac wrote:

2. The card is correct (as a side note, cards are always correct, player aids were drawn after the cards were fully tested and finalized).

From another Forums post, I gathered this isn't the only typo on cards and/or player aids. Will a FAQ and/or Errata be made available soon to cover some of those errors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Loiselle
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question on what looks to be a print error. Blackwater technology Phasium Allow states that the discount for shield and drives is 1 Phasium, but the image on the technology icon shows a -1 C.P. image instead of a Phasium icon. Just want to be sure that the discount is in fact Phasium.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in fact Phasium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Loiselle
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more (hopefully):

How are spaceports affected by Gravitron rockets. The rules state that ships are not affected, and the expansions says that spaceports are considered in orbit of the planet, but I did not see any statement on if they are destroyed along with the planet.

Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the mechanics POV space ports are planetary upgrades which disappear together with the planet itself.

Thematically, space ports are in space, not on planets, but close enough to the planet and immobilized, so that when a graviton rocket hits the planet, the spaceport is obliterated as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.