Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone - just wanted to stop in and let you know I posted the Rules and Info sheet PDF for Secret Wars in the Files section for you to download and read through as we come closer to launch.

Link:
https://boardgamegeek.com/files/thing/175156

Enjoy

Jeff Piroozshad
Upper Deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seito Otora
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot for the pdf ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ward
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like, just as it's been said that Dark City "completed the heroes base set"... after reading over this rule sheet, I feel like Secret Wars is going to make Villains more of a "complete" part of this game. I've always been a fan of Villains, but this is going to make it so much more fun. I can already see myself sliding the Villains playmat under the Heroes board to add the "Extra Lair" for the Mastermind to recruit out of, as well as Madam Hydras and New Recruits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think I could get more excited for this expansion, but the rule sheet has just proved me wrong. This sounds like quite a step up for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the leak. This sounds fantastic! The new mechanics sound like a lot of fun. The player as mastermind should be a great new twist to the game. Can't wait to try this out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And launch is when?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks amazing plus we are getting 3 new henchmen groups!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks cool, but I am kind of disappointed that only "Teleport" made it over as far as expansion keywords go.

Or was "Bribe" from Dark City/Streets of New York?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this helps all of you as you prepare to win big money at the Legendary $10K World Championship on Friday at Gen Con.

And if you're not registered for that... YOU SHOULD BE! cool

Seriously, come down at Gen Con and win some of our money, or win a box of Secret Wars.. or both! You can still sign up at www.gencon.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bribe was in Dark City. Kingpin, Maggia Goons, and Streets of New York have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffP300 wrote:
Hopefully this helps all of you as you prepare to win big money at the Legendary $10K World Championship on Friday at Gen Con.

Seriously, come down at Gen Con and win some of our money, or win a box of Secret Wars.. or both! You can still sign up at www.gencon.com.

Oh, if only it were that easy......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JeffP300 wrote:

What about the rest of us? When is launch *puppy eyes*?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in reading this, are we supposed to have our Victory Pile face down now?

Also, multiple masterminds? Yikes! I smell a bunch more "Evil Wins" and "Ends in a Draw" games in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cross dimensional rampage, is that an ambush effect? or a fight effect? or once per turn?

when does that actually happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:

No, your Victory Pile should still be face up. However, you are not permitted to change the order of cards in it. When a card goes in your victory pile, it should just go on top of the pile as normal. If two or more cards go in simultaneously, such as when you Fight a Villain who has captured a Bystander, you would get to choose the order you want. But once you put them in, you can't change it or mix them up later.

spillz606 wrote:
cross dimensional rampage, is that an ambush effect? or a fight effect? or once per turn?

It will happen at varying times depending on the card that says it. The card will always tell you. It won't be something that you're unsure about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JeffP300 wrote:
Thud105 wrote:

No, your Victory Pile should still be face up. However, you are not permitted to change the order of cards in it. When a card goes in your victory pile, it should just go on top of the pile as normal. If two or more cards go in simultaneously, such as when you Fight a Villain who has captured a Bystander, you would get to choose the order you want. But once you put them in, you can't change it or mix them up later.

spillz606 wrote:

It will happen at varying times depending on the card that says it. The card will always tell you. It won't be something that you're unsure about.

What happens if the Ambition deck runs out? Do you reshuffle? Can you play more ambition cards per turn, or just one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spillz606 wrote:

The Wolverine card they've released has it as an Escape. I could see it showing up anywhere.

My own thoughts/questions so far...

- I wonder if Sidekicks will be similar to New Recruits from Villains. I'd love that as I think New Recruits are one of the things that makes Villains better and will sometimes throw them in even when not using any other Villains content.

- The new multiple Mastermind says all MMs have to be beaten for players to win and that all MMs perform strikes when a Master Strike comes up... If one MM has already been beaten but one or more others haven't, do defeated MMs still perform strikes?

- Illuminati!! (I'm a Doctor Strange fan)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm starting to worry this game is getting too complicated....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett McLaughlin
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When is launch? Upper Deck previously said the 22nd on twitter, but I haven't heard that since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Big Fresh wrote:
I'm starting to worry this game is getting too complicated....

If you don't like the expansion because it's complicated, stick with the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'd like to hear from the people who were calling Carol's rare crap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Stewart
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yes Bribe was introduced in Dark City
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan M
United States
Knoxville
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffP300 wrote:
Thud105 wrote:

For certain characters I will sort my victory pile. For instance, I pull bystanders to the side for Black Widow and I sort each "adversary" by group for Bullseye.

Thoughts/suggestions?

I was excited before, now I'm pumped up for this expansion! It looks like a ton of great stuff is just arou d the corner. I can't wait to see how volume 2 plays into this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, thank you for uploading the PDF of the Secret Wars rules sheet!

Please, could you also upload PDFs of the rules sheets for the other small box expansions (Fantastic Four, Paint the Town Red, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Fear Itself)? There are some fan-made scans floating around out there, but official PDFs made straight from the source would be so much better. Besides just being cleaner, they would allow for the rules text to be searched easily for referencing purposes and copied and pasted when answering rules questions here on BGG, for example. Guardians of the Galaxy and Fear Itself are probably needed the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jodokast4 wrote:
JeffP300 wrote:
Thud105 wrote:

For certain characters I will sort my victory pile. For instance, I pull bystanders to the side for Black Widow and I sort each "adversary" by group for Bullseye.

Thoughts/suggestions?

You're probably not going to be able to do that if you're using any cards with Rise of the Living Dead on it. It's important for Rise of the Living Dead that there is only one Victory Pile with only one top card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.