Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Poll
England
matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 7.4 states that if an aircraft turns left and then immediately right it must spend 1FP to simulate the time taken to roll out of the left turn and into the right. It also states that this FP cannot be used for any other maneuvering requirement. Does this mean that even though you are doing 400mph that you don't move forward 1 hex while spending the extra FP to roll from left to right. It seems to me that at 400mph anything requiring time must also require distance travelled but the last sentence of 7.4 seems to indicate otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Slaughter
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that 'level flight' is not a maneuver. You can't use that FP for climbing/diving/altitude change, etc.

It's been a while, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuart

The 1FP (either HFP or VFP) is the distance travelled as you change Bank, then you have the Prep Move FP's for next Maneuver/Turn..

Cheerio
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Poll
England
matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify gents. Do you move 1 hex forward when you spend the FP rolling left to right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuart

Yes, either a HFP as you change Bank
or
VFP as you change Bank

e.g move the FP and announce change bank.

Except in vertical climb/dive, this is changed with a vertical roll on the axis..

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Poll
England
matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much gentlemen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Webster
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify (substitute VFPs for HFPs if you wish)

Normal roll rate A/C

1 HFP forward snd turns left 30 deg. 1 HFP forward, no turning.1 HFP forward and turns right 30 deg.

Rapid Roll rate A/C

1 HFP forward and turns left 30 deg.. 1 HFP forward and turns right 30 deg.

Low Roll rate A/C

1 HFP forward and turns left 30 deg. 2 HFPs forward no turning. 1 HFP forward and turns right 30 deg.

In all cases the Airplane is still advancing across the map with each HFP.

If first it moved 3 hexes. In second it moved 2 and in last example it covered 4 hexes. Turning and the abstract representation of rolling have time constraints expressed in FPs of time, but the plane continues to move over that time (horizontally with HFP, vertically with VFPs). Hope that helps.

JD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.