Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Rasmussen
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Orc-on-orc violence
We begin in media res. Grimnak the Orc Champion and a squad of Blade Gruts rush in to assault a group of Arrow Gruts and two Swog Riders. For some reason the Elf Archer Syvarris is assisting them.

Body count
Orc bodies pile up on both sides. After Grimnak dispatches one of the Riders, the sloping terrain and close quarters prevent him from doing anything other than inspire his companions to fight excellently.

Chomp!
Having destroyed both the opposing Orcs and Syvarris, more Blade Gruts advance to replace their fallen comrades. Grimnak, mindful of his large tail, backs up towards a group of Krav Maga Agents who have opened fire on the Orcs. One of them climbs a small hill to keep clear of Grimnak's powerful teeth, which have yet to thrash anyone! Little does she know that more Blade Gruts are coming up from behind...

Finis
The Blade Gruts, enhanced by their Champion, make quick work of the Agents. In the distance, Tornak, Me-Burq-Sa, and the Marro Warrios stand around. They regret that their vicious services were never required. Perhaps next time.

Edit: First two photos were reversed; added captions to last three images.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's always a fun story to tell with this great game - thanks for sharing that!

It was neat to see some of the old original Master Set figures back in action against each other.

Lots of great memories from those early games we played here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool photo report! Makes me really want to play.

Who else wants to play today?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rasmussen
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Mallidon's Prophecy, Utgar's Rage, Orm's Return, the Nakita Agents, Spartacus, Crixus, and Retiarius from Thora's Vengeance, and Swarm of the Marro. However, many of the original figures remain strong even with all those expansions, so for me these "old-school" guys never left! I'm hoping to pick up the rest of Thora's Vengeance on eBay soon, if I can get them for a good price (not willing to pay more than about $20/package).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
petegrey wrote:
Cool photo report! Makes me really want to play.

Who else wants to play today?

I do, and Portland is not that far from Denver - right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.