William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play D&D Dicemasters with my two sons(17 and 11) and my win-loss against my boys is 50-50. However, when they field the Half Dragon + Dragons I am having trouble countering their combos. Anyone have any suggestions for me to counter them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mindflayer capture or make there fielding costs higher.
Or strike faster with Swarm Characters, Minotaur, Frost Giant, everything that can hit hard before he fields his dragons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play adventurers with the knock out sword and magic helmet. Use Minsc & Boo to force his dragons to block, and then knock them out. Gain experience on cheap adventurers, and then buy and field them. Maybe use a disruption adventurer, like the Halfling Thief that messes with their bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E S
msg tools
My "Good" deck from the Good vs. Evil strategy threat works pretty well against dragons. Once you get a unicorn out, it makes the rest of the characters relatively immune to death by breath weapon.

If you're just looking for individual cards that work against it, try Polymorph, paragon umber hulk, or the suggestions made by the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.