Subject: Under what conditions could this expansion be published? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bates
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read many of the back and forth posts on this topic on other threads but I do not believe that I have seen any statement on what conditions would allow this to be published. Has anyone seen this or know what this might be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only DXV knows for sure, and he sure doesn't owe us any more than he's already shared, but here's my cwazy guess:

DXV would have to sign a new contract with Queen. That much is pretty obvious. (Because Queen has no contract for Marshlands, but they still do have one for Kingdom Builder.)

What would convince him to do that is up to him, but it might include more phrases like "..if Queen does not do this in a timely manner, then..." in the contract.

As for me, I only got the Big Box a short while ago, so I'm set, but I also captured the images and rules, so if I play it out, I could create the expansion myself. Sounds kind of fun, actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as Queen has the rights to kingdom builder it will never be printed i guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrb8s wrote:
I have read many of the back and forth posts on this topic on other threads but I do not believe that I have seen any statement on what conditions would allow this to be published. Has anyone seen this or know what this might be?

That is correct. Donald has not made those details public. A few of his comments from the June threads that you've already read:

I am optimistic that the expansion may be published someday, but I would not be expecting it this year.

rickert wrote:
So are you saying June of 2016 isn't a reasonable date in terms of having the expansion available?

That isn't math I can do or would enjoy trying to do. Any real news will be shared as soon as it can be.

There's an old story. I may be butchering it.

The king has ordered a man put to death for some reason. And the man says wait. If I can teach your horse to sing, given a year, will you let me live? And the king laughs and says okay. Go to it.

So later on someone is talking to the man. And they say, "Well. You bought yourself a year. Okay. But I mean. You aren't teaching the horse to sing. You'll just be put to death at the end of the year."

And the man says, "Well a year is a long time. A lot can happen in a year. The king might die. I might die. The horse might die. And who knows, maybe I'll teach the horse to sing."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
More simply put, it would take a reconciliation and a contract.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mrb8s wrote:

I would need to sign a contract for the expansion with an entity having the rights to Kingdom Builder; they would have to want to do it and then would have to work it into their schedule.

If that entity is Queen (which it currently is and seems likely to remain) then I have to feel like the contract would mean something.

At the moment I am waiting to see how Queen treats their existing contracts next March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bates
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald, Thank you for the prompt and through reply. I love the games you have produced and always look forward to the next addition to them. I, and I am sure many others, appreciate how involved and upfront you are with us, your fans, on BGG. I hope for yours, and our sake that we will see the planned expansions to Kingdom Builder at a future date, as well as the other games you have produced. Thank you for the many hours of enjoyment for myself, family, and friends, and I am sure many others your games have brought us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Payne
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald,

I just want to say that I love Kingdom Builder and believe I have every expansion and addition that has come out so far. It's such a great game! I know there were issues that kept the 3rd expansion from being published and I was sorry about that. I just wanted to thank you for your gift of games to us, your fans, and I wanted to encourage you to do all you can to get the new expansions published.
Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Cunningham
United States
Seattle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have an update on this expansion?

We would all love to see this. It looks absolutely amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjc552 wrote:
Does anyone have an update on this expansion?

We would all love to see this. It looks absolutely amazing!

The update is in this thread. Donald is waiting to see how Queen treats their contracts next March..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Ganancial
Philippines
flag msg tools
Click to view this gamer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates? Any chance of having this printed next year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
razzmonid wrote:
See comment right above yours...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Ganancial
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we will see April 2016 the update... seems a long time for anything.snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
razzmonid wrote:
So we will see April 2016 the update... seems a long time for anything.snore
No, you will see NEWS about the update sometime after March 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Ganancial
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite fitting for Marshlands. The rule is, after you receive your Kingdom Builder cards, you will wait and slow down. Let time pass by before you can make your move... in the Marshlands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very unexpected, but KS is back up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hybry wrote:
Very unexpected, but KS is back up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/kingdom-buil...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw yeah! Buckle up everybody!

I wonder if DXV knows. Somehow I doubt it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:

The email states that they reached an agreement. We'll see. As it is, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't just wait until retail...especially with the contract issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
dkearns wrote:

The email states that they reached an agreement. We'll see. As it is, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't just wait until retail...especially with the contract issues.

Which email? Regardless, Queen games has proven so reliably untrustworthy, I think I'll wait for Donald's statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering why I didn't get an email. Question: did the email look anything like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The email was in the form of an update to one of their previous Kickstarters. Here is the first part of the email I received this morning:
Quote:
New Kickstarter Campaign: Kingdom Builder - Marshlands
Posted by Queen Games
We have found an agreement with Donald X. Vaccarino to publish the third boxed expansion for Kingdom Builder – Marshlands. Now, we have launched the new Kickstarter campaign for Kingdom Builder – Marshlands, by Donald X. Vaccarino.
Explore the new marshes land type with new locations, double your extra actions and gain an additional bonus action! [...]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
razzmonid wrote:

It's up to publishers to announce releases and release dates, so I didn't answer this at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Gentry
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The email says they "found" an agreement. I'm picturing a Queen Games employee finding a dusty scroll in a filing cabinet. "Eureka! This is the missing document that will allow us to publish Marshlands!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Ganancial
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of this moment it is already funded! $24,442 of $10,000. Est. Delivery Date June 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.