Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, according to the rules, I have to take an action even though I decided that I don't wish to do so, because I prefer to put my dice back into the cup instead.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you leave a die under a phase then, yes, you have to use that die (if you possibly can). But, you can also recall (put back in your cup without paying) workers from your Dev and Settle stacks or even Goods out on worlds at the end of your turn. The only time you're "stuck" using a die is if you happen to have enough to put out whatever dev or world you have on your stacks or if you have a shipper that can actually ship a good.

Really, though, if you don't want to commit a worker to a phase then just reassign it with dictate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
If you leave a die under a phase then, yes, you have to use that die (if you possibly can). But, you can also recall (put back in your cup without paying) workers from your Dev and Settle stacks or even Goods out on worlds at the end of your turn. The only time you're "stuck" using a die is if you happen to have enough to put out whatever dev or world you have on your stacks or if you have a shipper that can actually ship a good.

Really, though, if you don't want to commit a worker to a phase then just reassign it with dictate.
Even then, it's typically a good thing to get stuck with shipping, as you can always just Trade it, and use the credits to get that die back, and then some.

Similar with having to Explore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hart

Rockford
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In most cases it is to your benefit to play the die, but I understand the desire to get the dice back into your cup to roll them again. You can always take dice off your dev/planets in the construction zone at the end of each round. this allows you to repurpose them in the next roll.

In my experience, this rule hasn't had a negative impact on the game...

...just roll with it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hartm wrote:
In most cases it is to your benefit to play the die, but I understand the desire to get the dice back into your cup to roll them again. You can always take dice off your dev/planets in the construction zone at the end of each round. this allows you to repurpose them in the next roll.

In my experience, this rule hasn't had a negative impact on the game...

...just roll with it...
The reason I asked about this situation, is because when I played it the last time I was cheating which is not the way I play. No one really knew except me. Now, at the that time I was not aware of my cheating until I came home and read the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hart

Rockford
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keso55 wrote:
The reason I asked about this situation, is because when I played it the last time I was cheating which is not the way I play. No one really knew except me. Now, at the that time I was not aware of my cheating until I came home and read the rules

If its a misinterpretation of the rules I wouldn't say it was cheating. If you knowingly mislead everyone else, then I'd have a problem with it. I've played games before where a rule was unclear and in retrospect we realized we played it wrong. We still had fun and no one was hurt... no harm no foul...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.