Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious what people think the AE & CE will be selling for in the future and figure others might be too:

First the AE

Poll
What will the AE be selling for (BGG, EBAY, etc) in 3 months
900+
      155 answers
Poll created by jayjonbeach

Poll
What will the AE be selling for (BGG, EBAY, etc) in 1 year
400-499
500-699
700-899
900-1099
1100+
      152 answers

Poll
What will the AE be selling for (BGG, EBAY, etc) in 3 years
400-499
500-699
700-899
900-1099
1100-1299
1300-1499
1500+
      143 answers

Now the CE

Poll
What will the CE be selling for (BGG, EBAY, etc) in 3 months

400-599
600-799
800-999
1000-1199
1200-1399
1400-1599
1600+
      127 answers

Poll
What will the CE be selling for in 1 year?
400-599
600-799
800-999
1000-1199
1200-1399
1400-1599
1600+
      113 answers

Poll
What will the CE be selling for in 3 years?
400-599
600-799
800-999
1000-1199
1200-1399
1400-1599
1600-1799
1800+
      116 answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
In conclusion, we are collectively clueless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason's Good Twin
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If the reprint of space hulk is any indication, this reprint will meet demand and it will resell for little profit after the 20% fee to sell it. Maybe you wil get your money back after fees in a year or so.

Game costs 400, you sell for 500, ebay and paypal take nearly 20%, you get 400 less shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although 30 is not really a big enough sample ATM, I find the results interesting so far, if a little scattered...

AE between 400 - 600 first 3 months seems obvious and agreed on. Then interestingly many seem to think in a full year from now it's still selling for 500-700 (I guess I made this range a little big) and to me the most surprising result, is majority think in 3 years its not going to climb that much more, with one camp still saying 500-700 and the other 700-900 (although 800+ is a double in value at that point)

Opinions seem to mostly think CE will stay fairly steady at 1000-1200, however a good amount could see it climbing back up again in 3 years time.

Overall this all seems reasonable to me anyway

IIRC, it did take quite a while for the CE to climb too, but damn climb it did (however there was only ONE, at that point as well)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These board game price appreciation conversations always amuse me. There are much quicker, easier ways to make money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jigmelingpa wrote:
These board game price appreciation conversations always amuse me. There are much quicker, easier ways to make money.

Indeed: Walk into bank with your handsome if slightly marred Collector's Edition box. Nod to the appreciative admirers. Carefully set it on the narrow counter and prop the lid open against the teller glass, then withdraw a sawn-off shotgun and proceed with demands for cash. (Don't forget to remove the 'Lucky CE Owner' microbadge from your BGG profile.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the CE actually has more value for collectors in general. As despised as the wooden box may be to some gamers, to those who don't game...that actually could be the most attractive quality of the CE.

For the wooden box alone I think the CE eventually will be the thing that really is worth a LOT of money.

However, I think the BIG money for it could actually be in a few decades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wargrave
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rafamir wrote:
jigmelingpa wrote:

Indeed: Walk struggle into bank with your weighty and handsome if slightly marred Collector's Edition box. Nod wearily to the appreciative admirers. Carefully set Heave it on to the narrow counter (asking the old lady next to you for help) and prop the lid open against the teller glass, take a breath to recover, then withdraw a sawn-off shotgun and proceed with demands for cash 'no coins please! I will never get out!". (Don't forget to remove the 'Lucky CE Owner' microbadge from your BGG profile.) struggle out, bent over with the weight of the box on your back

updated....

lets not underestimate the bulk of the box laughsauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, I am buying this for the nice production and the time it will save me to paint them myself. Earlier this year, I spent a few nights trying to get the Battle of Five Armies painted up. $400 for the time it would take me to do War of the Ring? Worth it to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamanu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be a new Enhanced/Anniversary/Collector's/Idiot's/Whatever edition in a few years what will decrease the value of these two edition

Any doubts about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Me, I'm holding out for the 25th anniversary release in 2029. It'll be a doozy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the short-term winners are those interested in reselling a good-or-better condition Lords of Middle-earth LE. On eBay, there's one auctioning now (a better gauge than people's aspirational buy-it-now prices), with days to go, for over $300, which, on a cost-per-mini basis, puts the CE's prices in the shade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.