Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santiago Garcia Galiana
Spain
Valencia
SPAIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first review for a game in BGG. Most of the games I´ve played already had a trillion reviews, but none for this one, so my intention was to shed some light about I game that I bought blindly, but actually was a pleasant surprise
WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT
Assaultous is a 2-player game, where you have to gather resources to develop your army in order to capture the enemy king or capital city. Resources are acquired setting your workers on different tiles with different effects, and gathering happens after a dice roll. Towers and barracks can be built to create outposts, so you can protect your workers and threaten the enemy
Tiles and chips are great quality, though all different units look the same (color, shape, symbol)
The game box is small (and glossy!) so it´s very portable
MECANISMS INVOLVED
Dice rolling,area control, card drafting, modular board (every setup is different)
PROS
-short length (around 30 minutes)
-plays fast
-interesting decisions, more than meets the eye
-small box (other publishers would have sold it in a box 5-times its size)
CONS
-the cardboard chips, though they´re good quality, will make playing the game a confusing experience due to not being able to easily diferenciate workers from soldiers or the king himself.
How to fix this? Use a meeple as a king, then 10 mm cubes as soldiers, and finally use the original workers (I also remove the “lake” tiles after setup to make it more “visual”)
-some rules not very clear in rulebook (still waiting for someone to help with questions posted on the “rules” part of the forum)
-the name of the game! shake
CONCLUSION
Great 2-player game, easy to learn (don´t worry… I won´t say “...but difficult to master...”snore), light and portable. Finally: good replay value? can´t say because this review was written after 5 plays, but I´ll post an update after some more
I hope this review was of any help for you people thinking about purchasing the game or not

santi ("christianlafferla")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the review! Where did you get the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Garcia Galiana
Spain
Valencia
SPAIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At a Spanish online shop, juegamestore.es

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomoki Motohashi
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the review!
I've just added the answer for the question on the forum.
Hope you enjoyed the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.