Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Evan Brooks
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am prepping the rules for what I hope to be an imminent receipt of the game. At any rate, I do have a question on page 12 concerning the "Combat Example with Romanian units"

The example notes that "All combat steps are eventually followed resulting in combat odds of 2:1 (23:11)". I can see the Russian defender having a defense of 11; where I am missing something is the Axis offensive strength.

To me, it looks like a German 3-4-2 and a Romanian 2-2-2, a German 3-4-2 and a Romanian 2-3-2, and finally a German 4-5-2 and a Romanian 2-3-2 and a 3-4-2, all of which totals 19 --

which would render the combat 19:11, or 1:1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Gentil-Perret
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
The combat odds are wrong, due to a last minute change in the example.

Correct odds are 19/11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Cairol
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are absolutely right. I guess that the total combat factors for the attacker have just been miscalculated. Just assume it is 23 instead of 19 so it can render the 2 to 1 odds to illustrate the example. You are not missing anything (unless I am also missing it) and also because of the Romanian implication, they talk about 8 Romanian steps and 6 German steps, what make sense with the picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.