Bob Poon
msg tools
SPOILERS BELOW
-
-
-
-
-

I’m IP, and we’re up to the Flying Solo mission. My 4 rebel players had just begun grasping the concept that instead of fighting through the enemy, they should adopt a more run and gun method to hit the objectives.

After two rounds, their party begins to fall apart because of the way I’ve blocked… and before they're even remotely ready for it, Han comes flying out of the backroom. They decide to make Han run for it while they backpedal to secure the extraction.

I manage to surround Han and knock him down to 4 hp, and its all looking good for me because he can’t get to the extraction without going by IG88 who can absolutely unload on him.

Han makes his final run and hides behind Gideon.
IG88 moves to get line of sight and fires. 2 red die... and all he gets is a 2 dmg roll.
Gideon commands Han to run the hell for it, and Han gets to the extraction, the rebels win.

As mad I should’ve been… I wasn’t. How right it was that Han Solo beat the empire in a game of chance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I love those close finishes! Sounds like the perfect Han experience for your Rebels

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. G.
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an Imperial player, missions like this honestly make me despise the design choices Fantasy Flight made with Gideon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Poon
msg tools
My rebels saved up their xp for their 4xp skills and honestly I've been struggling with the incredible jump in power... there are some levels like Gideon's side mission where I come away with a win easily, but on some missions his master stroke REALLY is hard to deal with.

To counter him I've pretty much had to send my fastest hardest hitting units to pressure him and keep him healing - all you can do brother

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.