Subject: Best Storage Options rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Meeple Geek
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you all think? I have everything short of the latest series...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all my cards sleeved with Ultra Pro sleeves and stored in these kind of binders:
http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=1181
They are 6 cards wide across which make a great and easy to grok spread of all the cards. I use the first and last page of my binders for force-, affiliation-, promo- and advertisment-cards. (Since they don't spread out over 6 spots).

I'm currently storing it all in pure objective-set order, but am going to rearrange it to separate the objective-sets by Light and Dark side in different colored binders so it makes it even more efficient when building decks.

I know this isn't very cost-efficient at all, especially keeping ALL cards sleeved ALL the time, but I like it and Star Wars LCG is my only LCG so I just live with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Magoulis
United States
Safety Harbor
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two core set boxes, and I bought two inserts from http://go7gaming.com. Each insert has three lanes, so it works out kinda perfectly; dark side box has it's three factions (and some neutrals) and same for the light side box. I sleeve them with FFG art sleeves, and use Dragon Sleeves with solid colors for all the objectives.

One thing to point out if you go this route, is that FFG made slight alterations to the box dimensions but there's more info on that at the go7 page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
R2Dork wrote:
I have two core set boxes, and I bought two inserts from http://go7gaming.com. Each insert has three lanes, so it works out kinda perfectly; dark side box has it's three factions (and some neutrals) and same for the light side box. I sleeve them with FFG art sleeves, and use Dragon Sleeves with solid colors for all the objectives.

One thing to point out if you go this route, is that FFG made slight alterations to the box dimensions but there's more info on that at the go7 page.

I also bought the Go7gaming.com insert. They included a wooden token box you put together but you're better off getting a small Plano box for the tokens.

The insert is useful but limited. I have the new game boxes and unfortunately the new 002 insert's middle row is narrowed (I plan on having a picture of it when I write a review of the game). You can no longer store cards there unless you turn them 90 degrees sideways and then you're limited as to how many fit in there. So basically now it just stores two base sets and two Edge of Darkness. If I go with a second insert though I should be good for the long haul as I have a second box with having 2 base sets. It's still very useful but with version 002 it has less actual card storage.

What FFG should have done was gone the route Upper Deck did with Legendary. No need for an insert with their boxes. Everything stores fine. Ok, the original base game box is a touch funky but the expansions provide a great double row storage solution. No need to purchase any third party storage solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Magoulis
United States
Safety Harbor
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the added info. I didn't realize the newer boxes made the middle lane unusable for cards. I'll add that before I started using these inserts, I was doing the binder thing but I found it waaaay too fussy when breaking down decks and building new ones.

Another option would be the simple white cardboard boxes that are pretty cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I store everything in ringed "collectors" binders with 9 pocket side loading pages.
http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=3228

I only sleeve cards I actually use in decks. I find these binders work great because you can fit 4 cards in every pocket with no trouble at all (one objective set facing one way, another the other way). Easy to browse objective sets. I sort by light/dark and then faction. I've fit two cores, two deluxe expansion and two full cycles into one binder. But it is crowded, and I'm going to get at least one more binder soon (I need more for Netrunner anyway). I'm behind on the latest deluxe and cycle so once I start to get these packs, I'll be getting another binder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
The inserts work for me simply because I just have two copies of the base game and two of Edge of Darkness. That fills up the new 002 insert but I'm not planning on getting any of the expansions in the near future and if I did I'd have to get a second insert for the second base box I have. This is just a game a friend and I can toss down on the table and have a few games with so I'm not planning on going any farther with it.

I do think however that Fantasy Flight kind of screwed up in terms of storage for their LCGs. When you look at Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game or Dominion (I hate Dominion by the way) you see what Fantasy Flight should have done. They could have easily done a box like either of those games and given players a proper storage container for the cards with little effort. Don't get me wrong as I love Fantasy Flight but I actually avoided Star Wars the card game for a year because as much as it looked good I had no idea how I was going to store it to make casual play sorting easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Ward
United States
Newark
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OTGamer wrote:
I store everything in ringed "collectors" binders with 9 pocket side loading pages.
http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=3228

I only sleeve cards I actually use in decks. I find these binders work great because you can fit 4 cards in every pocket with no trouble at all (one objective set facing one way, another the other way). Easy to browse objective sets. I sort by light/dark and then faction. I've fit two cores, two deluxe expansion and two full cycles into one binder. But it is crowded, and I'm going to get at least one more binder soon (I need more for Netrunner anyway). I'm behind on the latest deluxe and cycle so once I start to get these packs, I'll be getting another binder.

THIS. My wife and I play this game together - she plays Dark and I play Light - so we have them in separate binders. Works great, and you can just sleeve cards as needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.